Arsenal fans celebrations.....

Chungo said:
bluevengence said:
Blue2112 said:
I started watched City in 1972 when we truly had some great players and football was a world away from what it is today. Somewhere between 1978 -1982 we lost our way and the rot set in and since then I and thousands of others have had to suffer, watch and support some incredibly poor footballers. Most of us have travelled the length and breadth of this country spending thousands for nothing more in return that a faint glint of hope that one day it would change.

I haven't fully read this thread but to all you Arsenal fans please understand this - you have never ever had to witness years upon years of some of the worst footballers you could ever imagine wearing your beloved clubs shirt. You have never ever had to watch your closest historical neighbours win everything in sight for 20 years non stop. Doubles/trebles, buying star after star, having to endure 20 plus years of piss taking from the world's biggest set of C**tiest supporters. Having to listen to every pundit from China to Chinley spout on about how great they are. You have never had to grow up and listen to every footballer tell us 'it's their dream to play for United'. To have the Munich disaster held as some self righteous reason why everybody should hold a candle for that club. You have never had to hang onto a dream that one day just one day you could have some success instead of watching your club yoyo from division to division, to watch your club change managers so often it became almost a monthly event. You have never had to watch your club lose at home to their historical friendly lower league clubs like Bury and Stockport. Our name has been dragged through the mud, kicked in the balls, laughed at from all corners yet one thing has remained constant through it all.

That's us the fans - So please forgive me and try not to take this too personally but I couldn't give a flying fuck as to what Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham, United, Gillingham, Stockport, Bury and any other football club on the planet thinks about how we got the money or how we go about spending the money. Right now I couldn't give an Owl's hoot as to bringing through someunknown kid from some unknown club from some unknown village on the planet, nurturing him and watching him grow with us. I'll tell you why that is, because for years we've done it and clubs like your's used to come and take them off us when the hard work had been done.

So forgive me this one little pleasure I will go on for the next 10 years loving it if we spend spend and spend some more to bring any silv erware and I mean any silverware to my beautiful long deserved club and our supporters.

Seven years without a trophy...comeback when your near the 35yr mark and i'll start to have some sympathy.

Fantastic post Blue,you speak for an hell of a lot of us

Yeah I agree, but there was no need to bring chinley into it!!! UP THE CHINLEY BLUES

Dropped it in on purpose for those in the know ;-)

Arsenal paid their way into the top division, then a few years later they essentially bought Huddersfield Town, who at the time were the best club in the league, while Arsenal were consistently fighting relegation. Arsenal went on to have success. But apparently using money to buy success is morally wrong, as is not filling your team with youth players. Unbelievable.

Let's not forget Arsenal fans, under Graham and other managers, told us that it was about winning at all costs and that playing boring football was justified. They used to poke fun at Spurs, accusing their rivals of playing attacking football, claiming that winning in a more pragmatic manner wasthe superior approach. Now Arsenal fans criticise other clubs because they 'park the bus'.

It appears that a lot of Arsenal fans are either hypocritical cretins or completely clueless. Take your pic.

TurkeyGiblets said:
Also, genuine question, do you have as much pride in your team buying readily available beast players than you would have if you bought players young with potential or unheard of players but moulded them into great player. Ill be honest with you , I couldnt as seeing the progression of some of our players , such as song who came on loan from bastia at 17, was a poor player who everyone was saying we shouldnt buy, got booed his first game for us and had to be substituted at half time. To see what hes become makes me very proud to support Arsenal, much more than winning mickey mouse trophies. And hes by no means an isolated incident 70% of our squad are like this.

Typical of an Arse

Blue2112 said:
I started watched City in 1972 when we truly had some great players and football was a world away from what it is today. Somewhere between 1978 -1982 we lost our way and the rot set in and since then I and thousands of others have had to suffer, watch and support some incredibly poor footballers. Most of us have travelled the length and breadth of this country spending thousands for nothing more in return that a faint glint of hope that one day it would change.

I haven't fully read this thread but to all you Arsenal fans please understand this - you have never ever had to witness years upon years of some of the worst footballers you could ever imagine wearing your beloved clubs shirt. You have never ever had to watch your closest historical neighbours win everything in sight for 20 years non stop. Doubles/trebles, buying star after star, having to endure 20 plus years of piss taking from the world's biggest set of C**tiest supporters. Having to listen to every pundit from China to Chinley spout on about how great they are. You have never had to grow up and listen to every footballer tell us 'it's their dream to play for United'. To have the Munich disaster held as some self righteous reason why everybody should hold a candle for that club. You have never had to hang onto a dream that one day just one day you could have some success instead of watching your club yoyo from division to division, to watch your club change managers so often it became almost a monthly event. You have never had to watch your club lose at home to their historical friendly lower league clubs like Bury and Stockport. Our name has been dragged through the mud, kicked in the balls, laughed at from all corners yet one thing has remained constant through it all.

That's us the fans - So please forgive me and try not to take this too personally but I couldn't give a flying fuck as to what Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham, United, Gillingham, Stockport, Bury and any other football club on the planet thinks about how we got the money or how we go about spending the money. Right now I couldn't give an Owl's hoot as to bringing through someunknown kid from some unknown club from some unknown village on the planet, nurturing him and watching him grow with us. I'll tell you why that is, because for years we've done it and clubs like your's used to come and take them off us when the hard work had been done.

So forgive me this one little pleasure I will go on for the next 10 years loving it if we spend spend and spend some more to bring any silv erware and I mean any silverware to my beautiful long deserved club and our supporters.

Seven years without a trophy...comeback when your near the 35yr mark and i'll start to have some sympathy.

Well said and hear hear.

TurkeyGiblets said:
second part is a load of rubbish. But first part I can answer, we have high ticket pricing because we have to pay off the emirates and in turn we made two of the worst sponsorship deals in history with nike and emirates. This directly relates to why our commercial revenue is not as high as liverpool, united , you lot etc. To put into perspective our shirt sponsors with the emirates gives us 5 mil a year , yours with etihad is around 20mil same as liverpool with standard chartered. Our kit deals are just as poor we take like 8 mil, you liverrpool, united in the 25-30 range. We thought they were good deals at the time but they were poor, considering this, ticket prices have to be that bit higher to compete and pay off emirates, those sponsorship dealss have 2years left, after then were due an extra 40 or so mil a year from new sponsorship and we will keep the money we get from tickets (which i'd like to think will be lowered)

I admire your optimism, but do you really believe that this will happen?

The fact that so many "fans" from other clubs post here is further proof we have the best set of supporters in the world.

monkey-trousers said:
TurkeyGiblets said:
second part is a load of rubbish. But first part I can answer, we have high ticket pricing because we have to pay off the emirates and in turn we made two of the worst sponsorship deals in history with nike and emirates. This directly relates to why our commercial revenue is not as high as liverpool, united , you lot etc. To put into perspective our shirt sponsors with the emirates gives us 5 mil a year , yours with etihad is around 20mil same as liverpool with standard chartered. Our kit deals are just as poor we take like 8 mil, you liverrpool, united in the 25-30 range. We thought they were good deals at the time but they were poor, considering this, ticket prices have to be that bit higher to compete and pay off emirates, those sponsorship dealss have 2years left, after then were due an extra 40 or so mil a year from new sponsorship and we will keep the money we get from tickets (which i'd like to think will be lowered)

I admire your optimism, but do you really believe that this will happen?

Probably not but I think it might freeze and somewhat even itself out with others. Though once emirates is paid off and were reaching profits that I think we should be reaching with sponsorship , cl etc , and we still have highest ticket prices it would be outrageous.

Blue2112 said:

Nice one Josh.

BTW, I've no idea why these two Arsenal clowns are still on here over two days later. You'd think gooner6729 and TurkeyGiblets would have been down their lock-ups for their best threads and onto the old high street with the rest of the Arsenal fans who are still celebrating their big win...

_41381943_fans_outside416.jpg

TurkeyGiblets said:
Probably not but I think it might freeze and somewhat even itself out with others. Though once emirates is paid off and were reaching profits that I think we should be reaching with sponsorship , cl etc , and we still have highest ticket prices it would be outrageous.

Just out of interest, how long have you been an Arsenal fan and are they your local club?

TurkeyGiblets said:
Blue2112 said:

Tbh , that post put it all into perspective and fair enough. Tbh , I have no problem with city getting competitive again through spending money as its healthy for the epl to not have the same 4 teams dominating year in year out. What I do have qualms with is that I can't see a limit to the spending so it will make it uncompetitive again in favour of you lot. But with ffp it may eradicate this. But I certainly dont begrudge you lot getting your club to a position you believe it deserves to be (as long as it doesnt come off the back of my own , which it has somewhat threatened to ) as I wouldnt like to suffer what you just explained.
That line must be a wind up. One of the funniest things I've read on here

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.