Arsenal (H) - Sun 31st Mar, 16:30 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Arteta is going to be ready for that this time though. It surprised them last season and was extra efffective because if I remember right, they had to play Rob Holding up against Haaland? It isn’t going to work v Saliba.
Maybe Pep needs to ask Marco Silva for tips in how to take points off Arsenal.

Maybe Pep needs to ask Marco Silva for tips in how to take points off Arsenal.
Answer is straightforward - either a low block (but less effective now that Havertz is up to speed) or a midfield block (which is what Porto did). City are absolutely capable of this, they smother midfield and for that they rely on Rodri. He didn't play the 1st game at the Emirates and Arsenal got the upper hand in midfield meaning City rarely threatened. This time Rodri will play which is why I maintain a City win is the likely outcome as whilst Rice is quality, Jorginho relies on Rice to dominate the physical battle in the middle so he can play cute balls through or activate Odegaard. That won't happen this time - our best hope was a fully fit Partey alongside Rice but it won't happen. 2-1 City I reckon.

Answer is straightforward - either a low block (but less effective now that Havertz is up to speed) or a midfield block (which is what Porto did). City are absolutely capable of this, they smother midfield and for that they rely on Rodri. He didn't play the 1st game at the Emirates and Arsenal got the upper hand in midfield meaning City rarely threatened. This time Rodri will play which is why I maintain a City win is the likely outcome as whilst Rice is quality, Jorginho relies on Rice to dominate the physical battle in the middle so he can play cute balls through or activate Odegaard. That won't happen this time - our best hope was a fully fit Partey alongside Rice but it won't happen. 2-1 City I reckon.
My previous post was somewhat ‘tongue in cheek’. Nobody knows what will happen in any given game that’s why we all love football, besides if Arsenal get beat don’t sweat it, it’s not the end of your challenge.

The injuries will focus the players who know they are now playing

It might just work in our favour with less options

Regardless Southgate is a utter joker
Pep should call Wastecoat out with simple, searching questions in the press briefing.... but NOT declare ANY fitness updates.

We don’t owe anyone anything, so fuck em all.

Silence is golden !!

I reckon at least Akanji will be fit so he will start at RB surely?
Think he's a better option than Walker these days.

Ortega
Akanji, Dias, Gvardiol, Ake
Rodri, Kovacic
Benardo, De Bruyne, Foden
Haaland

Also, think with Kovacic available there's no need to rush Grealish back in a game like this. If Kovacic wasn't fit it might be worth bringing Jack in to steady the midfield ship but Kovacic brings a lot of control and composure anyway (and also has good ball carrying abilities much like Jack).

Will be very tough this one. Arsenal came into the 4-1 game last season defeated before the first whistle but their confidence is high this season and they'll be a different proposition. We're gonna have to beat them differently this time. We can definitely do it but they're a much tougher prospect this year.

Rodri. He didn't play the 1st game at the Emirates and Arsenal got the upper hand in midfield meaning City rarely threatened.

No team had the upper hand in midfield, that's why both teams failed to create clear chances in the game bar the Ake one in the first half. Given key absences, Pep was happy with a draw but you can't plan against a deflected goal. Arsenal equalized with a deflected shot in the CS game and scored the winner with a deflected shot at the Emirates. It's about time you are less lucky :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.