Arsenal (H) - Sun 31st Mar, 16:30 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
No team had the upper hand in midfield, that's why both teams failed to create clear chances in the game bar the Ake one in the first half. Given key absences, Pep was happy with a draw but you can't plan against a deflected goal. Arsenal equalized with a deflected shot in the CS game and scored the winner with a deflected shot at the Emirates. It's about time you are less lucky :)
actually gvardiol made city’s only shot on target in that game, with captain hair flick clinging to him like a baby panda. rice managed to clear it off the line unfortunately.

Hope we turn up defensively. Arsenal will leave gaps to exploit going forward but will be dangerous themselves too.

Having Jonny Boulders and Walker would've eased my nerves tenfold. Especially Stones, he doubles as protection at the back as well as midfield when we force teams deep. Think he'll be a massive miss and I'm that gutted that he's missing, I've partly convinced myself it's some sort of major bluff. Same with Walker.

Presuming they're out, though, I'd go with:

Ederson

Akanji
Dias
Gvardiol
Ake

Kovacic
Rodri

Foden
Haaland
KDB
Grealish (or Doku if not fully fit)

Ake at LB rather than Gvardiol given their dangers are wide (Saka, Martinelli) and not particularly central and Ake is a better 1v1 defender. He pocketed Saka twice last season.

I just hope we win. Shut those fuckers up. The game at their place was abysmal, genuinely terrible but then we didn't have Rodri or KDB. They're back and we should be putting some sort of marker down.

Do what we did last season. Win but while doing that, batter the bastards. Should've been 6 or 7 that game. Would love to see Captain Thunderbird fume on the sideline again. COME ON CITY!

At some point, the best sides in sport lose their reign. For me, the current Man City side is far weaker than last year - last year we had Gundo, Mahrez and an in-form Grealish. Now we have Nunes/Kovacic and Doku as replacements. Meanwhile we're playing Gvardiol at LB where he is struggling - whereas he was, past season, a world class center back.

Our team is worse than it was last year in these positions - and meanwhile Liverpool (especially) and Arsenal (somewhat) are better.

It's not clear to me that we're the best side in the P/L this year - and on top of all of the above, we have a tough run-in.

TBH - I think we'll end up 3rd in the P/L this year and will not win the Champions League. A draw v. Arsenal would be a great result - but as both sides are so close in ability I don't know who will win.

Mostly bollocks that.
Hope your right.

Out of curiosity:

Is Nunes/Kovacic an improvement over Gudno?

Is Doku better than Marez?

Is Gvardiol at LB an upgrade to our side?

Have Arsenal and Liverpool failed to improve over last year?

Last edited:
Hope we turn up defensively. Arsenal will leave gaps to exploit going forward but will be dangerous themselves too.

Having Jonny Boulders and Walker would've eased my nerves tenfold. Especially Stones, he doubles as protection at the back as well as midfield when we force teams deep. Think he'll be a massive miss and I'm that gutted that he's missing, I've partly convinced myself it's some sort of major bluff. Same with Walker.

Presuming they're out, though, I'd go with:

Ederson

Akanji
Dias
Gvardiol
Ake

Kovacic
Rodri

Foden
Haaland
KDB
Grealish (or Doku if not fully fit)

Ake at LB rather than Gvardiol given their dangers are wide (Saka, Martinelli) and not particularly central and Ake is a better 1v1 defender. He pocketed Saka twice last season.

I just hope we win. Shut those fuckers up. The game at their place was abysmal, genuinely terrible but then we didn't have Rodri or KDB. They're back and we should be putting some sort of marker down.

Do what we did last season. Win but while doing that, batter the bastards. Should've been 6 or 7 that game. Would love to see Captain Thunderbird fume on the sideline again. COME ON CITY!

Where's Bernardo? Is he injured, too?

Pep hasn't played Gvardiol at CB all season but will put him there against Arsenal of all teams? Not likely to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.