Arsenal on saturday? City fans plans?

"Away Friendly Pubs near the Emirates Stadium
Recommend “away friendly” pubs include the former Finsbury Park Tavern, now renamed the Twelve Pins, close to Finsbury Park tube station. Within 10 minutes of the stadium, it offers a good mix of home and away fans, receiving high marks for its congenial atmosphere.

Immediately opposite, the Blackstock pub has received decent reviews from visiting fans and offers a large screen with Sky Sports and Setanta. The Drayton Arms which overlooks the ground is the nearest pub suitable for visiting fans but gets uncomfortably busy on match days."

Found that on some site, anyone getting there mega early?

foxy said:
Recommend “away friendly” pubs include the former Finsbury Park Tavern, now renamed the Twelve Pins, close to Finsbury Park tube station. Within 10 minutes of the stadium, it offers a good mix of home and away fans, receiving high marks for its congenial atmosphere.

Immediately opposite, the Blackstock pub has received decent reviews from visiting fans and offers a large screen with Sky Sports and Setanta. The Drayton Arms which overlooks the ground is the nearest pub suitable for visiting fans but gets uncomfortably busy on match days."

cheers bud, we will probably go over to the drayton arms after the game to watch the liverpool game. Any other blues fancy it? Celebrate a good win ;)

There's a decent little local, down a backstreet somewhere near a ford garage.

I think it's called the Compton Arms but I could be wrong.

Watched a few England games in there - had to 'save' a rag mate when arse got beat by leeds handing them the title. They were understandably pee'd off and he was a very lucky boy - if a little stupid!

macky said:
gaz76 said:
By the looks of things going to be looking for a pub near the ground with the game on.

u wont be on ur own im going down with no ticket at mo
As it stands i'll be with two belgians Who booked their travel and hotel before the tickets went in record time! Can anyone remember if that drayton arms has the foreign channels showing the games?

whitefield_blue said:
There is a group of us making our way down to london about 11am and i was wondering what everyones plans are? I have always travelled to London by car/coach ect... so ive no idea where to go. We are traveling to Euston station so any help will be appreciated.

You can't go wrong with the Drayton Arms - it will be the best atmosphere. Never a letdown before the game - plenty of Blues singing away and it's right by the ground.

Berkovic said:
whitefield_blue said:
There is a group of us making our way down to london about 11am and i was wondering what everyones plans are? I have always travelled to London by car/coach ect... so ive no idea where to go. We are traveling to Euston station so any help will be appreciated.

You can't go wrong with the Drayton Arms - it will be the best atmosphere. Never a letdown before the game - plenty of Blues singing away and it's right by the ground.

Whitefield Blue,

Once you get to Euston grab the tube to kings cross using northern line then hop onto the piccadilly line at kings cross and get off at finsbury park or holloway road depends which pub ur going to. If u buy an oyster card which is 3quid deposit it will be about 5 quid for the day travel card.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.tfl.gov.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.tfl.gov.uk</a>

whitefield_blue said:
foxy said:

cheers bud, we will probably go over to the drayton arms after the game to watch the liverpool game. Any other blues fancy it? Celebrate a good win ;)

We will do the Drayton after the game - should be around the ground by 12pm. Get in from Ireland 8am but need to head over to South London first.

thanks for the heads up people. Sounds like the drayton arms is the place to be. Is it dear? Does anyone know?

whitefield_blue said:

Down the Holloway rd me old china, I have 4 pals coming down from Manc to stay at mine, plus an ajax fan coming over for the match too, his 1st English game he cant wait. See you on the Holloway lads!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.