Arsenal Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys must have been watching a different game than me if you thought that was a penalty.

As for yesterday's tactics, think it's obvious what happened. Newcastle are a high energy, physical team, that likes to employ shithouse tactics themselves. Arteta obviously sent them out saying to give as good as they get. And it worked.

You guys must have been watching a different game than me if you thought that was a penalty.

As for yesterday's tactics, think it's obvious what happened. Newcastle are a high energy, physical team, that likes to employ shithouse tactics themselves. Arteta obviously sent them out saying to give as good as they get. And it worked.
It was like watching Holby city with all your fake injuries and diving Ramsdale and Jesus were a disgrace and if you were losing I would suggest these life changing injuries would not occur

Last edited:
I thought both teams were poor. Unsighted tame shot and a stupid own goal wasn’t domination by Arsenal. Stop and start game which was painful to watch. Geordie midfield needs a serious upgrade

Yeah agree it was never a penalty. You rode your luck a little with Newcastle missing some good chances. Overall it was a good away performance at a tough ground from you lot

Agreed.

The ref called it as handball,and because it took forensic level investigation to come to a decision.....means it wasnt a clear and obvious error.For that reason the penalty should have stood.

Yet more fucking contradiction and inconsistency in the game,thats being ruined by these officials.
If it hits someone’s leg at that speed before their hand it should never be a pen. I can’t stand VAR but for things like that it’s what it’s there for. Suppose the frustrating thing is still the lack of consistency. Other similar ones haven’t been overturned

It was like watching Holly city with all your fake injuries and diving Ramsdale and Jesus were a disgrace

Years of being too soft, too naive, too wet behind the ears, kicked off the park, not 'playing the game' well enough. Newcastle 1 of the worst for it, ball in least amount of mins in their games, longest by far to take goal kicks etc. We were a victim of it at The Emirates a few months ago, so nice to give a bit back.

Yeah it wasn't a pen for me. Took about a dozen slo mo repeats but it was the correct decision for me.
I've only watched a few of your games and the play acting, timeouts, tactical injuries, call them what you want is a bit off putting but I'm sure you couldn't give a shit! :-)
I think your big improvement this season has spurned us on so we should thank u for that!
Good result yesterday that I must say. Thought u would have drawn that.

It was like watching Holly city with all your fake injuries and diving Ramsdale and Jesus were a disgrace and if you were losing I would suggest these life changing injuries would not occur
...and Xhaka. That guy's an utter cvnt. Alternated between faking an injury and then "offering out" and playing the hard man towards anybody who called him out for faking an injury, every 5 minutes. What a fucking embarrassing tool.

Their wingers and Odegard are decent players though. I'd happily have all three of them in our squad (squad NOT team ;)

Yeah agree it was never a penalty. You rode your luck a little with Newcastle missing some good chances. Overall it was a good away performance at a tough ground from you lot

Agree with that Craig, they hit the post twice and Ramsdale made some good saves. Although we hit the bar and should have scored another 2 or 3 ourselves. I had us down as losing the game as I thought we would get bullied out it, so people need to forgive me if I'm happy that we didn't and gave them a taste of their own medicine in the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.