Arsenal v City (Community Shield) Post Match Thread

che_don_john said:
welsh_andy said:
anyone see the blue on blue slagging off each other in 108 wasnt a nice scene offering each other outside for a scrap
Yes, what was that all about? Was close to me but couldn't hear what was being said. Before that, the guy at the bottom was also having a right go at a different guy halfway up the section (I think after Giroud scored).
fuck knows mate they were having a right go, think the guys at back were bit pissed off at a group few rows down, too many bevies im guessing

Eccles Blue said:
i8rags said:
As a club we were collectively very poor, from fans to players, I didn't go coz I thought it would be shite, I am embarrassed of myself, possibly the players think the same, either way collectively it was shite.

Excuse me?????? The fans were not collectively poor, and we put ourselves out to go to that match. Personally I didn't think, for a makeshift team, that we played too badly, especially in the second half once we had the calming influence of Silva & Milner, and Toure went off. However for you to slag off fans who took the time and trouble to go while you sat at home being embarrassed is a bit flaming cheeky!!!
Slag off the fans, WTF are you on about, I was embarrassed for sitting on the sofa and not joining the blues who travelled, when I saw the empty tiers not seats, I was pissed off, my opinion is, if it was rammed with blues the effort could and would of been better than was served up. I chose not to go in the belief it would be a non event, had I the foresight that so many would join me I would of made an effort, friendly, waste of money or not.

Stoned Rose said:
i8rags said:
As a club we were collectively very poor, from fans to players, I didn't go coz I thought it would be shite, I am embarrassed of myself, possibly the players think the same, either way collectively it was shite.

Stop ballooning.
As you are one, I will take on board your thoughts.

Well done to all who went down today I was impressed with the noise you made. Shit result but it was expected really with that defence and a few players not putting in 100% :-(

Imagine this (from the Telegraph):

Arsenal’s Community Shield clash with Manchester City could be one of the last held at Wembley, after the Football Association confirmed it would consider staging the fixture overseas.

Unless it's held in the Middle East, can't see too many City fans going to future Community Shield games, especially if it's held in America. :-)

The greedy bastards should host it at the home of the champions or a neutral venue with a similar travel distance for each club. Modern football is one big money grab.

Oh and #blamecity.

And the FA was given more incentive to take it abroad last night after a crowd of just 71,500 turned up to watch this year’s fixture, the lowest since the new Wembley opened in 2007. The drop in attendance was put down to City being able to sell only 18,000 of their 25,000 ticket allocation.

Them who wanted to see Lampard come on would only moan after they see he was less mobile and slower then Garcia who most slated. I actually for the past two years hoped Lampard was playing for Chelsea when I wanted them to loose, that says about.

LoveCity said:
Imagine this (from the Telegraph):

Arsenal’s Community Shield clash with Manchester City could be one of the last held at Wembley, after the Football Association confirmed it would consider staging the fixture overseas.

Unless it's held in the Middle East, can't see too many City fans going to future Community Shield games, especially if it's held in America. :-)

The greedy bastards should host it at the home of the champions or a neutral venue with a similar travel distance for each club. Modern football is one big money grab.

Oh and #blamecity.

And the FA was given more incentive to take it abroad last night after a crowd of just 71,500 turned up to watch this year’s fixture, the lowest since the new Wembley opened in 2007. The drop in attendance was put down to City being able to sell only 18,000 of their 25,000 ticket allocation.
I'll be surprised if it's moved from Wembley, to be honest. The FA have a massive (sorry) bill to pay for tarting up the national stadium, so they're going to want to maximise the revenue generated by the stadium.

Unless some middle east state bids silly money to host the game.

Are you up for it, Sheikh-y bossman?

simon23 said:
again it disproves the idea that we have quality in depth

boyata and nastasic were poor

clichy can be partly forgiven as he was playing way out of position...kolorov on the other hand seems to be immune from criticism but as a defender he is a liability

dzeko was again largely missing as he sometimes does

Cabellero- thought he looked ok pre season tour but thought he should have done better with the first goal (If that had been Hart people would have criticised)

milner and navas were average as is often the case

hopefully mangala will give us that strength in depth at centre half

same with sagna at rb

we badly missed the energy of ferd today

on the upside jovetic looked good as did silva in the second half and richards managed to stay on the pitch (even though he was only on for a little while its still an acheivment!!!)

Boyata's fifth choice at the moment, with 1 more to come in. Should never have to play an important game for us next season.

Kolarov was our only attacking threat in the first half, never been great defensively. But he is what he is.

Dzeko does go missing on occasion, but no team in England (or most of Europe) have the strength in depth up top as us: Aguero, Negredo, Dzeko and Jovetic.

Not much Caballero could have done with any of the goals, you're just looking to pick holes.

Navas was OK, Milner looked quite sharp IMO. They had off days, but for backups they are top notch.

Just back from a bloody long day. Would like to say well done to all blues who went down, was a fucker of a journey. Also thought we made great noise considering we were outnumbered 3 to 1 by the arse boo boys.

Shame about the shaky defence today but thankfully that'll never be a competitive team

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.