Arsenal v City (Community Shield) Post Match Thread

If Silva had of started we wouldnt of been 2 down at half time. I dont know if it was possible for him to start but he came on and looked like he had never been away , he made things happen and looked sharp as fuck.
Best player ive seen wear the city shirt

Marvin said:
leewill31 said:
The concern for the early part of the season is that the big guns aren't rested enough, not that they haven't played enough. I wish people would think a little.

nail on the head dave

Losing on that stage coupled with a couple of bad opening results in the League could damage confidence

bloody ell marvin thats some serious flapping going on there.
No it's not

I just don't think we should ignore or brush under the carpet this defeat

The fact remains that on that showing we are behind where we should be at this stage of pre-season. Yes, there are genuine reasons for that....the World Cup. So we should have been more switched on yesterday and we should have protected our back 4 tactically. We did neither

Having seen that game, and knowing that 8 of our players are not fully fit, I am not confident about our start to the season, and when I look around at where Chelsea and Arsenal are, I think I have good reason to believe that this League is going to be tougher than the last. The room for error is smaller than last season

Man Utd lost 3-0 to Arsenal in the Charity Shield and went on to win the Treble. Stop flapping lad WE have the experience of winning titles more than any other TEAM not club n top 4. Wait until Kun gets let out of them traps and has a full season!! Maybe slight mind games from The Charming Man regarding players fitness???

AlloBoi said:
If Silva had of started we wouldnt of been 2 down at half time. I dont know if it was possible for him to start but he came on and looked like he had never been away , he made things happen and looked sharp as fuck.
Best player ive seen wear the city shirt

Spot on mate!! Silva doesn't need time to bed in or ease his way back in? He is the same start or at the end of the season he's a little dynamo!! Brilliant player!! My fave all time blue! He's just penned 5 years too!!

Mister Appointment said:
Chippy_boy said:
It's amateurish preparation for a very difficult start to a new season. If we get away with it and start strongly, then great. If we don't, can anyone really be surprised? I hope to be proven wrong, but I expect will be dog rough for the first few games and will drop stupid points that could and should have been avoided.

Are you actually for real?

You're sat on an internet forum suggesting that a billion pound organisation is going into the new league campaign with "amateurish preparation".

I realise everyone's entitled to an opinion, but surely to shit even if you have one functioning brain cell you know what you've posted is just pure unadulterated knee jerk garbage.

Also so we're clear EVERY team will drop points THROUGHOUT the season. This is the nature of a league season. Even the "invincibles" of Arsenal in actual fact dropped points.

It is a fascinating insight into the psyche of a lot of City supporters that whilst every August is a positive bastion of self belief and excitement for the supporters of other top clubs, we're still stuck in this quagmire of negative horseshit. Was the same last summer as well.

Again, we're the champions. Have a squad bulging with talent. Have a spine who's professionalism is beyond reproach. Have owners who are turning us into a global force. Is it possible some of you can see your way clear to enjoy this moment, or at the very fucking least, let others enjoy without turning Bluemoon literally into a boring Bluemoan wank fest of tragic proportions.

Sorry Chippy, needed to get that off my chest. :)

I find it rather sad that for many on here, anything other than sycophantic blind praise is deemed unacceptable criticism and that our club is perfect and beyond reproach. You only have to utter a whisper of criticism and it's like you've fucked the Pope and you can stand back and wait for the insults to come in.

But whilst the temptation to rise to your bait is very large, I will resist. I will simply say, do you think it is good preparation to start away against Newcastle, players who have had no City games under their belts since May? And possibly also players who have never kicked a ball for us? Whereas I agree yes we are a large and in the main professionally run organisation, that does not mean we are immune from error or misjudgement - as all businesses are. We are not as well prepared for the start of the season as we could be and I think that is beyond question. The only doubt is whether this situation has been avoidable or not.

Had I not spent 11 hours on a coach and then another 4 hours at Wembley I would probably would have not have been as bothered but I was. So I kind of felt cheated. Thought we had one piece of brilliance in the first half down the left wing. Liked the fact that Jovitec kept trying at least. However Arsenal looked a yard quicker than us. Defensively we were a shambles and I think it says a lot when Boyata is chosen ahead of Micah even at centre back. Not sure how long Sergio is out for but I think we need another fotward as we have 2 injury prone strikers. Yes we can have a totally different defence but all four have had no game time together. Thank god we play Newcastle first game and not a better team

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.