Article 50/Brexit Negotiations

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by blueinsa, 15 Mar 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The perfect fumble

The perfect fumble

Len, you can't recognise the undertones like mcfc1632. He detects hints of jasmine and dark chocolate, caramel notes with a suggestion of vanilla and cinnamon and a warm mellow after taste.

Last edited: 18 May 2017
  2. mcfc1632

mcfc1632

Oh Len - please keep yourself above fumble's level - I retain the belief you are better than that

Softening?? That could suggest some change in their approach due to goodwill - I did not suggest anything of the sort.

What those with the capability to analyse and assess things might be sensing is that the EU leaders are "..........starting to wake up and realise that the UK are actually leaving and that they will now have to take the situation seriously and not just hope the problem goes away"

There was a clue - these are the precise words I posted

No softening - no goodwill - I am sure Merkel is fucking fuming - also no complacency form my side - just a suggestion.

It is just that some of us have the ability to analyse and assess things beyond our own narrow obsessions. Try thinking it through without the blinkers on. If you cannot get anywhere I will do some Janet and John explaining for you - but firstly have a go yourself at rising above the fumble level. As I say; I retain the belief that you are better than that.

Since my post there has been reports in Germany of:

".....Economists have told Germany's minister for economics and energy, Brigitte Zypries, that a "deep and comprehensive" free trade agreement with the UK is necessary to safeguard Germany's economy, German newspaper Frankfurter Allgemeine (FAZ) reported..........."

and

"...Hans Gersbach, chairman of the Zypries' advisory board, told FAZ that even during tough negotiations the aim of securing a comprehensive free trade agreement with the UK should not be questioned........."

To help you FAZ is: Frankfurter Allgemeine - the newspaper that was briefed by Juncker's German advisor on the recent meeting at Downing St.

It was just a suggestion from me that Merkel is having to start to face up to the reality of the situation - maybe such lobbying is an influencing factor?.

Do you not find it strange, I am sure that some on this forum would, that such people are able to start to consider that the UK leaving the EU is becoming a reality that must be managed because it can cause negative impact to Germany and yet you and fumble retain entirely a desperate need to rubbish the UK?

On a similar subject - with regard to that negotiating question / challenge I put to fumble - I also extended it to you as well a few days ago. Fumble is conveniently claiming some form of amnesia - are you?

Should I repeat it?

Last edited: 19 May 2017
  3. mcfc1632

mcfc1632

fumble slags off the Mail, Sun and Express on their reporting on Brexit - and then quotes the FT

With regards Brexit they have been in a league of their own in being pro-EU / anti-Leave

4. The perfect fumble

The perfect fumble

Omnipotent one? Tell me,what daily rag is it permissible to quote then?

[​IMG]

The rich diversity of the press.

5. The perfect fumble

The perfect fumble

He's a fierce drinker, broken teeth, bald as a coot and covered in tattoos....

[​IMG]

6. The perfect fumble

The perfect fumble

I see we're back to the enemies within.

That's the problem with stupidity, it's relentless.

7. mcfc1632

mcfc1632

Irony always gets you in the end

Unsurprisingly you skipped over the substance in my post, which evidenced that there are leading economists in Germany lobbying in public via mainstream newspapers for a:

"deep and comprehensive" free trade agreement with the UK is necessary to safeguard Germany's economy"

Substance and facts are not your bag, but others are interested and it would, IMHO, help the thread if you could limit the amount of distraction from substance with your silly posts

8. west didsblue

west didsblue

There seems to be this prevalent view amongst the remainers who can't accept the referendum result that the EU are more bothered about punishing the UK than coming to a deal that's acceptable to both sides and for this reason they hold all the negotiating cards. This may be true of some of the politicians (Juncker et al) but at the end of the day it's money that talks and the EU won't cut off their nose to spite their face. Now that France has overwhelmingly elected a pro Europe President following a similar vote in Austria a few months ago, there isn't the same political need to teach us a lesson to scare off other countries from following us on the exit path. It won't be an easy negotiation but I fully expect that an agreement will be made that both sides will claim as a victory but will fall short of what both sides really want.

9. blueonblue

blueonblue

France benefits from the EU agricultural policies, so while there is a lot of anti EU feelings they voted to keep xmas much like a turkey wanting presents would, it was far more a vote of different groups wanting to oppose Le Pen than any real support for a pro EU candidate.

Far more interesting will be the German elections, there is far more anti EU feelings than the mainstream media is reporting, and with the prospect of having to fund more of the EU budget, the fall out of the open door immigration policy, and the exposure of German banks to the Greece situation, there is now the threat to jobs if they lose the UK trade, plus the small matter of the little fat woman being as popular as a turd in a swimming pool.

10. Len Rum

Len Rum

Gentleman
    Strange post in a way.
    I thought you were going to say that because both sides were ( in your view) of equal strength in negotiations ( i.e. EU not stronger than UK) then a good deal would be struck between both sides. But then you went on to say that you expected a lose lose deal. I agree with you on that point , it's just that your argument seemed to suggest the opposite.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.