Article 50/Brexit Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went for a blood test yesterday, sat in the chair and the nurse, dressed in a uniform with quite tight trousers and a nice arse opened her legs, faced me and basically straddled me. She put my right arm on a pillow and moved in close, close enough that my right hand was underneath her right breast. she leaned forward to stick the needle in and planted said breast in my open hand. I didn't feel the needle. Now call me old fashioned but no robot can ever ever ever do what she did to me. I am now possibly diabetic but quite frankly dont give a fuck for the next few days.
I know it's got nothing to do with Brexit but I had to tell someone.

When we get robots like Gemma Chan, I can't imagine I'll be too fussed she's not real.

I went for a blood test yesterday, sat in the chair and the nurse, dressed in a uniform with quite tight trousers and a nice arse opened her legs, faced me and basically straddled me. She put my right arm on a pillow and moved in close, close enough that my right hand was underneath her right breast. she leaned forward to stick the needle in and planted said breast in my open hand. I didn't feel the needle. Now call me old fashioned but no robot can ever ever ever do what she did to me. I am now possibly diabetic but quite frankly dont give a fuck for the next few days.
One hell of a wet dream mate.

Anyway as we prepare ourselves for the issue of A50 this week and observe the 'other 27' EU nations gathering to celebrate the Treaty of Rome, should we feel 'left out'?

Should we feel a sense of loss and nostalgia as we face no longer being part of this 'club' where the loss of the benefits, which are undoubtedly numerous and bounty which has always been so over-flowing in our favour?

Personally I am not feeling that sense of loss - more one of ever-increasing relief.

As you look at the intentions of the original architects of the EU, I do tend to think that those in the UK that are indeed pining and feeling a sense of loss are simply the victims of the intentional theft of national sovereignty and controls undertaken by the EU strategists.

After all, one of the original architects, Jean Monet, is reported to have suggested the approach the EU should take quite clearly:

“Europe’s nations should be guided towards the superstate without their people understanding what is happening. This can be accomplished by successive steps, each disguised as having an economic purpose, but which will eventually and irreversibly lead to federation.”

Now there is a view amongst EU acolytes that this is not a exact quote but more of an amalgam of his stated views, but just think of how this approach has been so successfully enacted through the formalisation of policies to achieve ever-increasing integration through treaties that morph the economic union into political union.

Nah - for me - fingers crossed we are 'allowed' to leave.

This post is only intended as a bit of 'light relief' to bump the thread and remind us of the importance of the events that will be triggered on Wednesday.

“Europe’s nations should be guided towards the superstate without their people understanding what is happening. This can be accomplished by successive steps, each disguised as having an economic purpose, but which will eventually and irreversibly lead to federation.”
Is this statement completely fabricated, or are the basic elements factual?

Well if you search on Jean Monet superstate - you quickly find that exact quote.

Further digging will then lead you to different factions/views with some suggestions that rather that it being an exact quote it is a 'summary' of his exact quotes, such as:

The fusion (of economic functions) would compel nations to fuse their sovereignty into that of a single European State.

There is no future for the people of Europe other than in union.

There is no real peace in Europe, if the states are reconstituted on a basis of national sovereignty. (…) They must have larger markets. Their prosperity is impossible, unless the States of Europe form themselves in a European Federation.

The point I was making was that the original architects held these views of contempt for national identities and federalism being the utopian dream. The baton of architect(s) has simply passed onwards to Delors and eventually Juncker - the methods have remained consistent.

When you see the treaties of Maastricht, Lisbon etc. being signed off to deliver that federalism free of debate and exposure to the citizens of the nations affected, it just shows for me the effectiveness of the suggested approach.

I think it's hard for anybody to argue, federalist or not, that larger codependence in trade markets has put a dampner on warlike attitudes between countries even if you don't think it's the primary reason for lasting European peace which we currently enjoy.

Don't fucking stop there you ****, I'm almost finished...

Put it this way: you would struggle to find an original source for it. Monnet certainly reckoned (in 1952) that avoiding European wars would be more likely without nation states competing for resources - but using a fake quote 60 years later to bolster EUphobia is rather Trumpian.

Having a declared federal goal isnt the same thing as genuinely wanted to complete the process of turning the EU into a federal state. Ever increasing integration is simply a euphemism for forcing the smaller countries to align their laws,institutions and economic policies with Germany and France.

But they will never complete the final step of full political integration because to do that in any remotely democratic way, where a Greek vote carries a similar weight to German vote, would result in a huge transfer of power from the richer nations to the poorer nations, which will never happen.

Its a utopian dream that nobody, bar a few bureaucrats, want to turn into a reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.