Assessment of our business this summer | Poll Added

Go on then, rate our transfer business out of 10?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How do you decide what fee to go with we get conflicting fees seems more common than with other clubs I have my suspicions as to why that is

I suspect the mail figure hasn’t missed any sales but has missed all sell on so that Porro and Lavia
I generally know what sources are reliable for certain clubs. But I also then cross reference both sources and if theres a conflict I use a general source that goes one way or the other

Example MacAlister transfer this year is a good one - the Liverpool said (Joyce etc) were saying it was a straight £35m fee but Andy Naylor (Brighton side) said it was £35+£20m. In this scenario both BBC and Sky reported it as £35m + £20m. Add the fact Liverpool like to underplay their reported transfer fees its more believable on the Brighton end. Liverpool sources tend to report most of their fees without the add ons.

Decent enough. I’d give it a 6, maybe 7 if you look at the fees we’ve received for the outgoing transfers and getting rid of anyone we don’t think will make it or contribute further at City long term. So let’s say 6½.

Kovačić - very good midfielder at a great price, keeps the ball, runs into space with it well, good defensively; provides almost no goal or creative threat

Gvardiol - great prospect, excellent on the ball at his age already, ideal City player; not sure about his defending yet but he’s only young

Doku - not as good as Mahrez (or Palmer?), adds squad depth

Nunes - underwhelming signing for his price, but adds squad depth.

Overall feels like we are weaker in depth in the final third but stronger in depth in the centre circle. You’d think us being neither stronger or weaker overall would be a 5 out of 10 but we’ve reduced the age of the squad a bit and as I said above we got good fees coming in again. So, yeah, 6½.

Last edited by a moderator:
I generally know what sources are reliable for certain clubs. But I also then cross reference both sources and if theres a conflict I use a general source that goes one way or the other

Example MacAlister transfer this year is a good one - the Liverpool said (Joyce etc) were saying it was a straight £35m fee but Andy Naylor (Brighton side) said it was £35+£20m. In this scenario both BBC and Sky reported it as £35m + £20m. Add the fact Liverpool like to underplay their reported transfer fees its more believable on the Brighton end. Liverpool sources tend to report most of their fees without the add ons.
All the reports ended up being 35 I thought ? What about for example Nunes was it where BBC which is suppose to be most reliable was saying we paid more than anyone else was reporting

All the reports ended up being 35 I thought ? What about for example Nunes was it where BBC which is suppose to be most reliable was saying we paid more than anyone else was reporting
I'm not sure about the BBC being the most reliable but if they are then they reported Mac Allister as £35+£20 & Nunes as £53+10% sell on.

Decent enough. I’d give it a 6, maybe 7 if you look at the fees we’ve received for the outgoing transfers and getting rid of anyone we don’t think will make it or contribute further at City long term. So let’s say 6½.

Kovačić - very good midfielder at a great price, keeps the ball, runs into space with it well, good defensively; provides almost no goal or creative threat

Gvardiol - great prospect, excellent on the ball at his age already, ideal City player; not sure about his defending yet but he’s only young

Doku - not as good as Mahrez (or Palmer?), adds squad depth

Nunes - underwhelming signing for his price, but adds squad depth.

Overall feels like we are weaker in depth in the final third but stronger in depth in the centre circle. You’d think us being neither stronger or weaker overall would be a 5 out of 10 but we’ve reduced the age of the squad a bit and as I said above we got good fees coming in again. So, yeah, 6½.

Agree with the rest of your player critique but surely too early to judge on Doku?

I'm not sure about the BBC being the most reliable but if they are then they reported Mac Allister as £35+£20 & Nunes as £53+10% sell on.

Thought Nunes was 55 in Euros so did they not get that one wrong

Maybe the 35 I saw was the headline not including the add ones which was in the article bet it would be different if it was city

Be being most accurate / trusted I mean in a historical political legal financial sense personal I think all media are pants

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.