Atletico (H) | CL QF 1st Leg - Tue 5th April, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ref: Istvan Kovács (ROU)
VAR: Paolo Valeri (ITA)

Kovacs did a good job last autumn in Brugge. City won 1-5.
He was awful.

I have just watched the first six minutes of that match again because how I remember it was not how you remembered it. I recall him being a twat. And it seems on the evidence of the first six minutes I was right. An obvious penalty for a foul on Grealish as well as a nailed-on free-kick just outside the box for a clear foul on Mahrez, both of which he just waved away in that irksome way that referees have when they know that we know what they are doing.

Assuming they are all fit, I'd go with:

Ederson

Cancelo Stones Laporte Zinchenko

B.Silva Rodri Gundogan

Mahrez KDB Foden

I suspect that won't be the line-up though. I think it will be:

Ederson

Cancelo Stones Laporte Zinchenko

B.Silva Rodri KDB

Mahrez Foden Sterling
I agree with those.
I'd pick that first team too, but Raheem is in good form so has to play.

I think we'll go out to try and win the tie tomorrow.

3-0 to us with Mahrez, KDB, Sterling scoring.

He was awful.

I have just watched the first six minutes of that match again because how I remember it was not how you remembered it. I recall him being a twat. And it seems on the evidence of the first six minutes I was right. An obvious penalty for a foul on Grealish as well as a nailed-on free-kick just outside the box for a clear foul on Mahrez, both of which he just waved away in that irksome way that referees have when they know that we know what they are doing.
I guess you're talking about THIS "penalty"?...
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/iLpofhSdjPA

The biggest issue will be our pressing, if we engage them high up they will play a switch ball through the defense. they are weak in the middle so we should press them there and should refrain form pressing them in the wide areas else they will get behind us.

Looking forward to seeing this Felix kid live. I've always thought he would be absolutely perfect for us although the price would be insane. And i hope Savic gets a great reception.

Pep giving it to the press! Lol

“I’m going to think up some new tactics tonight” Fook em pep

Ederson, Cancelo, Stones, Ake, Laporte, Fernandinho, De Bruyne, Bernardo, Mahrez, Foden, Sterling, not my team but what I think Pep will go with

Obviously nervous but we're the better team and as long as we get the first goal we should be okay.

If we don't get the first goal, I really don't want to see us putting too many balls in towards Foden or Sterling. Atletico are too good at defending those. If we can get De Bruyne, Bernardo, Gundogan, Mahrez and Rodri on the ball to crack off some long shots we might have a better chance. Not sure how Oblak has been in this good run of form but he was having an awful season last I heard and could be their weak link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.