Atletico Madrid | Friendly (N) | Post Match Thread

Atletico were out for revenge a bit pathetic for a friendly game , it meant a lot to them judgung by Simeones reactions to their goals and the play acting of their players , the ref was shite and let too much go , he was shit scared of making a decision ,but lets see what happens when the chips are down in the Champs league against this bunch of cheats.
I have absolutely no concerns over our pre-season prepartion idiots forecasting a pasting by the Goons next week are acting like drama queens and there are quite a few on here , Pep never takes the Community shield seriously who really gives a f*ck about it ?
The Dippers won it last year, they were gonna push us all the way for the league and Nunez was going to score twice as many goals as Haaland , how did that all work out ? , Some of us are acting ike spoilt brats and the season hasnt even started .We do not have to replace Mahrez we have Bernardo , Foden and an improving Palmer for that position.
Gundo will be missed , i like the look of Kovacic he looks good on the ball but he is no Gundo replacement , we need someone to step up and score the goals needed , Foden is looking really sharp and hungry and hopefully will get nearer 20 goals this season, he is easily capable of those numbers.
The season starts at Burnley , god help us if we drop points there , the fanny's will be out in force on here predicting a season of purgatory , my money is on retaining the league title and winning the Champs league at Wembley , this squad of players are elite and rarely let us down and i exepect exactly the same and also the same hunger this coming season, if anyone shows any complacency Pep will nip it in the bud , no doubt about it.
My money is on us retaining our Prem and CL titles too but we do need some reinforcements...that's not flapping, it's just an honest opinion. And we'll be getting such, I'll bet on that too : )

I don't see the doom & gloom after this defeat. The result could've easily been different if not for a couple of glaring misses.
I think Lewis could step up this season. All those subs meant we had a lot of kids on against one of the top teams in Europe. Of course they would struggle. I expect Pep to get a right winger and I expect a couple to depart.
I have 100% faith in Pep to sort out what he needs, he will also know whether he wants to keep Phillips and Cancello.
The old "Phillips needs to go" rhetoric repeated throughout this thread gets boring. Pep knows the answer to that.

I really don't understand the annoyance both here and the matchday thread with the fans. Living in the States, Barca and Madrid could play tomorrow here, 1000s of families go and are just soccer fans. Maybe they buy souvenirs, jerseys, have a good time, cheer for all the great plays. Then people get on here and act all sanctimonious and say don't come to Manchester. Get over yourself.

The other day I was at Disney and a family in front of me had 2 young kids. One in an Mbappe jersey, one in Haaland. That's awesome! They probably are not true fans of either team obviously. But that's great for the club.

Rather than be upset that the Korean fan was wearing a City jersey and cheering their goal, be excited that a Korean soccer fan who obviously did not have a team, chose to buy the ticket, the jersey, and have a good time. Embrace those fans. It's how the club grows.

Played well until all the changes were made without looking particularly threatening in front of goal. Their second 11 looked stronger than ours and the goals they scored were actually quite good. Slight worry on how easily beaten we were with when it came to them attacking with pace.
I thought Bobb and McAtee looked Ok, they certainly didn't look out of place. Hopefully they will stay with the squad and get some minutes in the same way Foden did.
Philips had a good defensive clearance but as a senior international I was hoping for a little more.
Nice corner from Gomez and header from Dias.
That's about where I am. Most of their counters came from snidy little fouls that the ref didn't get on top of. We didn't deal with the mass changes as well as Atletico did but that doesn't happen in competitive matches anyway.
McAtee has got beautiful control of the ball. I reckon he'll grow into being a first teamer during this season. Bobb looks like he has great awareness and tactical ability. A loan might be a good option to get more competitive football under his belt.

To those being overly-critical, keep in mind the conditions over there. High temperature, high humidity, soaked pitch. It's difficult to take a walk in those conditions, let alone play a high-tempo match against a tough and determined opposition. Most of our players will not be even close to acclimatised for that, though it certainly provides for a demanding workout and an opportunity to build up stamina. Our players will look much closer to what we expect when back to our wonderful British Summer! Those young academy lads have probably never played in heat and humidity anything like that.

Not easy for AM players either, of course, though they do get their share of searing temperatures in Spain.
That's far too sensible

This place is a fecking mad house.

I'd be most interested to know how many on here are season ticket holders or regular attendees at The Etihad.

The lack of knowledge of the basics of the game & MO of the club is embarrassing and almost equal to the mental gymnastics & high wire emotions on display.

I suggest that the thread is split into two.

Thread 1 for those six of use that do know what we're talking aboot.

Thread 2 for the imbeciles.

Hear to help as always.
Have you placed yourself in thread 1 or 2?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.