Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
fk me,an essay to reply to my post,mine was condensed "he shouldn't have to."
If I know our lot,a roof is being lifted tomorrow night.
An essay? It’s only one paragraph. This isn’t Twitter.

Can understand those getting a bit precious about Peps comments but we went Liverpool Bayern Arsenal Madrid Fa cup final CL final CS SC, and in those games, I would say we were ok against the dippers and it built from there, peaking at the FA cup final, it’s just a timely reminder to say “hey we go again” you can’t blame the guy for repeating what he’d said previously because it worked. I know there are those who turn up every week & turn it on in the stadium (every credit) but there is another 5 people for every one of those, and it’s them Pep is talking too, he even quoted the KO time & beer!

Pep didn't need to say anything. He praised our support last season. So why would our support be any different for our first home match of the season on a Saturday night at 8pm with a full stadium, fans drinking all day, and with 3000 noisy Geordies.

Pep really needs to move on from this topic now. It's getting tedious, embarrassing, and it only highlights the incorrect belief amongst other fans that we don't get behind the team and there's no atmosphere at the Emptythad. ;-)
I think that’s exactly why he does it. He’s cottoned onto the fact that it gets us angry and gets us going more than if he’s said nothing.

The atmosphere is always better when Pep puts in a few comments about the fans and the atmosphere.

He does it with the players n’all.

Guardiola is the master of psychology.

The atmosphere was improving last season, hopefully it'll carry on moving the same way.

3 tiers of Toon so someone to sing against up in SS3 too.

I’m missing the match tonight, will be watching from Corfu. Hopefully those who are there will show the Geordies how good our atmosphere is.

We had a few 10/10’s last season, would be great if the atmosphere was more consistently like that - if you’re not a regular singer, tonight’s a good time to start. If you sometimes sing along quietly, now’s a good time to get on your feet and sing louder, set the tone for the rest of the season.

Pep didn't need to say anything. He praised our support last season. So why would our support be any different for our first home match of the season on a Saturday night at 8pm with a full stadium, fans drinking all day, and with 3000 noisy Geordies.

Pep really needs to move on from this topic now. It's getting tedious, embarrassing, and it only highlights the incorrect belief amongst other fans that we don't get behind the team and there's no atmosphere at the Emptythad. ;-)

There’s nothing embarrassing about trying to get supporters to support the team. He needs us to play our part. Occupying a seat isn’t support.

As for the ‘incorrect belief of other fans that we don’t support the team’; we’ve all been there many times when the atmosphere has been truly awful, like Maine Road before it. Difference is we are living through our golden age and some fans won’t get involved until we are three up!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.