Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
We’ve just won the treble and it’s the first game really where our fans can celebrate with the players and support them. It should be rocking really

I actually don’t mind when pep says he wants the crowd to support the team.
Judging off a lot of comments online and from mates before the start of this season, there’s a bit of an attitude amongst some of our fans that we’ve completed football by winning a treble.

With that, a lot of people might have an attitude of sitting back and relaxing now rather than raising their involvement in the atmosphere.

So Pep might be worried about that. He can get into his players day-after-day hour-after-hour to make sure that doesn’t happen with the team, but he only has the press conferences to do it with the fans.

Those who think a treble is the pinnacle in football need to reëvaluate that, because it isn’t! We’ve got a lot of things to aim for this season (and forever more) that could top last season’s treble and we can’t sit back nice+relaxed if we want that to happen.

The good sign is that Burnley and Athens were good!

Pep didn't need to say anything. He praised our support last season. So why would our support be any different for our first home match of the season on a Saturday night at 8pm with a full stadium, fans drinking all day, and with 3000 noisy Geordies.

Pep really needs to move on from this topic now. It's getting tedious, embarrassing, and it only highlights the incorrect belief amongst other fans that we don't get behind the team and there's no atmosphere at the Emptythad. ;-)
That's nonsense mate, if anything he's bonding the whole club together, notice he's always saying WE, as a whole ie the players and fans as one.

to who ?
Pep ,the silent fans,everybody in the stadium, I just don't understand.
Its our first home game after winning another 3 trophies since the chelsea game. It should be rocking without the need to be told.
It WILL be rocking, not a doubt in my mind. Fuck me, we've not even played at home yet and we're already bitching.

Jesus Christ.

It WILL be rocking, not a doubt in my mind. Fuck me, we've not even played at home yet and we're already bitching.

Jesus Christ.
Christ almighty

thats what i was saying way back in this thread,I was stating that it shouldn't need Pep to ask for
a good atmosphere,if we need to be told its time to give up .Its not a doubt in my mind too,it will be rocking.

Christ almighty

thats what i was saying way back in this thread,I was stating that it shouldn't need Pep to ask for
a good atmosphere,if we need to be told its time to give up .Its not a doubt in my mind too,it will be rocking.
He's not saying it for us, he's saying it to build an us against the world siege mentality. He thinks this is the best way to get the players going at this stage of the season, to jolt everyone out of their post-treble success.

Kiss of death, but fuck it! :-)

The support and atmosphere in the 1st half is great.

Pep, you asked for our support and you've got it.

As for Toon Army and their legendary (away) support where is it?

I don't want to read our support was poor or shit post match.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.