Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
I think that the whole point of going to a football is match is to support your team. Leaving early in such a tight game is not very supportive. I understand it more when people leave with a few minutes to go when we are a few goals clear in a smaller game, because at that point the crowd's support is not particularly needed, but not in a game like today. Leaving early in games like today is not a show of support, very much the opposite. People need to support the team. Same logic can also be applied to singing.
This person in block 324 thinks the whole point of going is to stream the full match to other people.
c1dc9b4189c87b7dc53238110b0cc06d.jpg

One positive of us getting relegated next year is we will lose all the half and half scarf brigade and United Nations superfans.

The club are building that pointless stadium expansion. That affects bottom line for them, and will only positively impact day trippers and the top few % in the most expensive corporate areas. Real fans won't be allowed anywhere near that new end.

Our team is the best it will ever be. Our players and coach are fucking sensational so enjoying it while it lasts. We will have a shit period thought post-Pep/post-court case. With that, there will be a resurgence of a decent atmosphere. We lost that siege mentality a long time ago. Probably not been the same since the QPR game in 2012. We all won at life that day, and again for those of us lucky enough to be in Istanbul.

Success sanitises people, and attracts all kinds of hangers on. A significant percentage of our ground are daytrippers. We are the modern day version of 1990s Old Trafford, whether we like it or not, that's what Soriano and co want. Bottom line is everything.

One positive of us getting relegated next year is we will lose all the half and half scarf brigade and United Nations superfans.

The club are building that pointless stadium expansion. That affects bottom line for them, and will only positively impact day trippers and the top few % in the most expensive corporate areas. Real fans won't be allowed anywhere near that new end.

Our team is the best it will ever be. Our players and coach are fucking sensational so enjoying it while it lasts. We will have a shit period thought post-Pep/post-court case. With that, there will be a resurgence of a decent atmosphere. We lost that siege mentality a long time ago. Probably not been the same since the QPR game in 2012. We all won at life that day, and again for those of us lucky enough to be in Istanbul.

Success sanitises people, and attracts all kinds of hangers on. A significant percentage of our ground are daytrippers. We are the modern day version of 1990s Old Trafford, whether we like it or not, that's what Soriano and co want. Bottom line is everything.
Agree with you in that as far as club is concerned the bottom line is everything. Sadly I fear you may be right as well about that new end, they’ll pay lip service but all they’ll really be interested in is driving up match day revenue. I think you remember the days pre-2012 with rose tinted glasses though. It wasn’t better than it is these days IMO. It’s generally not terrible these days, some days are better / worse than others, but the second half of last season was really good. It hasn’t really taken off yet this season, but we’ll have plenty of good days before the season is over I’m sure.

Agree with you in that as far as club is concerned the bottom line is everything. Sadly I fear you may be right as well about that new end, they’ll pay lip service but all they’ll really be interested in is driving up match day revenue. I think you remember the days pre-2012 with rose tinted glasses though. It wasn’t better than it is these days IMO. It’s generally not terrible these days, some days are better / worse than others, but the second half of last season was really good. It hasn’t really taken off yet this season, but we’ll have plenty of good days before the season is over I’m sure.

My unpopular opinion is that we've always had quite a quiet crowd. There are 30 odd k hardcore blues. The Etihad has never been right for building an atmosphere, madness that we've been there 20 years and the club have done nothing to address it.

My unpopular opinion is that we've always had quite a quiet crowd. There are 30 odd k hardcore blues. The Etihad has never been right for building an atmosphere, madness that we've been there 20 years and the club have done nothing to address it.
It’s a lot of the hardcore Blues make the least effort IMO. Problem always has been and probably always will be that singers are all concentrated in one end and noise doesn’t travel well from the area where a lot of the singers stand. I suppose it’s just repeating what everyone knows, but the only way that will change is if they build the North Stand with atmosphere in mind. Like you I have ZERO faith that the club hierarchy will prioritise that. Revenue and attracting tourists and new fans who will spend plenty in the club shops will be their target customers not the fans who currently go when they can and want an affordable season ticket.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.