Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Came across pretty weak most of the game, but a strong “Come on City!” chant in the First Half even got Pep’s conductor arms going!

Seemed like a big drop off from Chelsea on the weekend, but understandably so.

Felt very edgy the whole game and felt a second goal would have calmed everyone and got things going, but it wasn’t to be.

No complaints here.

Atmosphere was dire last night, but at the same time Brentford did a job on us to get excited about anything , total spoilers which emulated in to the stands .

So the atmosphere last night was either 'better than expected', 'average for a wet Tuesday night' or 'non existent' ... that's put that little debate to bed then!
Personally I thought it was ok, we're on the back of a run of away teams setting up the Everton/Chelsea/Brentford way. That brings a mountain of possession (70% average) but also presents a difficult challenge for the players to break down which leads to tension and frustration in the crowd and every misplaced pass etc becomes a major error. It's significant that we committed twice as many fouls as Brentford despite have more than twice the possession. They simply don't need to tackle very often, sheer weight of numbers behind the ball allows no space to operate and eventually crowding out the players will lead to an interception rather than a straight tackle.

I do wonder what atmospheres historically some of the people on here have witnessed to think yesterday was ok. A standard league game back in the day was 10x what we heard last night.

I do wonder what atmospheres historically some of the people on here have witnessed to think yesterday was ok. A standard league game back in the day was 10x what we heard last night.

But back in the day it wasn’t £51 quid a ticket for a midweek game against a side that were the equivalent of Brentford. Ticket pricing has a huge effect on the atmosphere in the stadium.

Deepens what you mean by back in the day? Do you mean when tickets were affordable, we had standing or when expectations weren’t as high?

I remember standard league games, to similar opposition under Sven and hughes that were quiet as anything.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.