Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Can we not get ahead of this and the club put the tourists in a certain part of the ground and have a specific partner who they sell via. But block fans from selling their tickets on, now I don't know how it would work as I'm not an expert on ticketing systems. But since you have to add someone to friends and family to transfer there must be a way.

I don't mind tourists. I once was one (however, I came and joined in and got hooked and here we are years later and I come to more games each season). BUT it would be better if they and the youtubers were out of the way somewhere.

Probably one to look at with the North Stand Expansion, and not to put them there but there will be a lot of moving about of ST holders etc.

Just my two pence worth

Genuine question, are the club not appointing a ticket compliance officer ?, if so is that not because they are also pissed at situations like last night and want it to stop? I cant understand them paying to bring someone in if their remit will be to stop something we are accusing the club of profiteering from?, could this not just be fans racking up the £ by reselling to 3rd parties for big games.
The ticket compliance officer will only clamp down on individual fans selling tickets on for a profit. They’ll totally ignore all the legalised touting that the club is involved in.

As I've quite clearly explained I didn't have a clue. I can guarantee nobody else did amongst the ten regulars in the vicinity of where I stand. It was as clear as mud.
Again that’s fair enough. I saw the 192 bus, the mcvities factory and I thought it was pretty clear that was a road/the a6. Anyone who lives in or near Manchester would recognise that bus and where it is. That might just be me though and maybe the black flags weren’t that obvious.

Again that’s fair enough. I saw the 192 bus, the mcvities factory and I thought it was pretty clear that was a road/the a6. Anyone who lives in or near Manchester would recognise that bus and where it is. That might just be me though and maybe the black flags weren’t that obvious.

I didn't see the banner. Was it in the south stand? If so I wouldn't have seen it as I'm in there. I don't pay much attention to such stuff, although I like them and appreciate the effort involved. It was far too cryptic, the black flag thing. If long standing City fans didn't have a clue what it signified the watching world had no chance.

You'd get a priority window of a day or two before matchday members for CL games. Obviously you have to monitor the sales windows closely so you don't miss out.

Wouldn't know about aways as don't have anywhere near that amount of points.
Perhaps the club should extend the window for ST holders, however you can't blame them for taking the attitude that if ST holders don't join the scheme then they don't want tickets so a short window is adequate. I appreciate many don't join the CL scheme as they struggle to get to home games after work, but some are probably only interested in knock-out games against glamour teams in which case I wonder why they have season tickets as half our home games are against less glamourous opponents.

Perhaps the club should extend the window for ST holders, however you can't blame them for taking the attitude that if ST holders don't join the scheme then they don't want tickets so a short window is adequate. I appreciate many don't join the CL scheme as they struggle to get to home games after work, but some are probably only interested in knock-out games against glamour teams in which case I wonder why they have season tickets as half our home games are against less glamourous opponents.
I don’t get it, I go to watch City not the opposition, whether it’s Real Madrid or Reading.

Thought the atmosphere was very good last night. It was on a knife edge, and incredibly tense. I felt a chill down my spine hearing the roar of the crowd urging Jack on as he sprinted down the wing in that second half. 24 hrs on and I’m still gutted we’ve gone out. Very proud of this team and over the two legs we deserved to go through.
The atmosphere reflected the game and that's how it should be. Had we equalised towards the end of the first half the crowd would have turned up the volume to eleven. But we didn't so the tension continued. The roof would have come off had KDB kept that shot down soon after he scored, but he didn't.
I sit in the north east corner (still east stand as I have a padded seat!!) and there were plenty of songs started by the north stand.

I don’t get it, I go to watch City not the opposition, whether it’s Real Madrid or Reading.
So do I, but I'm sure some City fans will go on about packing the ground in the third division but now turn up their noses about watching Copenhagen, Rag Star Belgrade, Young Boys and Leipzig.
Having said that, I accept pricing for knock-out games takes the piss. If I can be arsed joining the scheme and paying for group games, I shouldn't be paying almost full price for the glamour games.

Where were all these new fans at York and Macclesfield, and don't give me all this "I wasn't even born" bollocks

Seriously I know the prices were high for the Madrid game, but they were reasonable for the Group Matches so anyone in the cup scheme would have paid a reasonable average price of around £30-£35.

This week saw the 13th anniversary of the Yaya Semi Final, so that's roughly the same time frame as the gap between my first proper football memory (1970 League Cup Final) and my first footballing trauma (Raddy Antic)

I respect all those people who dislike the CL, but City have now been successful for longer than the entire period of mid 1990s dress, and our average attendance has doubled

I'll be 60 in August and I recognise the sad reality that my demographic is being marginalised and will soon be irrelevant

However the new generation of City fans are more optimistic and might soon outnumber their raggish rivals.

Can we not get ahead of this and the club put the tourists in a certain part of the ground and have a specific partner who they sell via. But block fans from selling their tickets on, now I don't know how it would work as I'm not an expert on ticketing systems. But since you have to add someone to friends and family to transfer there must be a way.

I don't mind tourists. I once was one (however, I came and joined in and got hooked and here we are years later and I come to more games each season). BUT it would be better if they and the youtubers were out of the way somewhere.

Probably one to look at with the North Stand Expansion, and not to put them there but there will be a lot of moving about of ST holders etc.

Just my two pence worth
The problem with trying to lump tourists together is that ST holders who don't join the scheme are spread all over the ground so spare tickets (for touts, tourists and blues who don't have STs) are equally spread.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.