Away tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Colin you say that the supporters clubs allocation meets your requirements for supporters with less points
But that only helps supporters who are supporter club members what about making their 20% (600 tickets )available to all season ticket holders under 10000 points by means of a ballot and include in that , a portion for the 18/25 year olds.

I am absolutely sick and fucking tired of having my words miscontrued, misrepresented or ignored. I've already put posters on my Ignore list over this thread and have asked Ric to deactivate my account recently, which he talked me out of. I'll say this one more time and then I won't be making any more substantive posts in this thread for the time being, regardless of the provocation. If people have anything constructive to say to me, feel free to do it through my City Matters email.

So here's where I stand. The current system (including both the points and ticket allocation systems) is what it is but in my opinion, and I think in the opinion of virtually all of us on here plus the club, it's a mish-mash that you certainly wouldn't implement from scratch if you were doing so. There are some good things in it but it's also open to multiple abuses and contains elements that can rightfully be categorised as unfair, although different people see some of these differently.

I think we pretty well all agree that Platinum is unfair, as is the amount of tickets going to seasonal hospitality members. I'd also say most of us agree that we'd welcome better oversight and policing of the ticket distribution process. I believe the club is on-board with this as well but the question is how far will they go to make it happen and I don't know the answer to that. We need to look at the whole process from top to bottom and ensure it's fit for purpose for where we are now and remove the abuses as far as we can.

As I've already made clear, in an ideal world I'd do it differently so that more tickets are going to independent season card holders, who I represent on City Matters. But there are also people on the committee who represent competing interests. And the club may feel that it needs the carrot of away tickets to protect what it sees as their interests in respect of those groups, which means there's little or nothing I can do. But I don't just represent those with over 20k points, I also represent those who bought their first season cards this season. And, as @edinburgh123 said, why should he be penalised if there isn't an SC branch near him? He shouldn't, which is why I believe there should be some way of people getting occasional away tickets even if they don't have 18k points but where genuinely loyal fans are at the front of the queue. Currently the SC allocation meets my requirement to have fans who maybe don't have the points able to go to games. So I "defend" it in that sense but it's definitely not perfect and I wouldn't see keeping it, when there's a better alternative, as a matter of principle. But nor would I necessarily consider it a resigning matter if the club decided to keep it.

I am not accepting any responsibility for the actions of branches or the SC in general. That's for the SC Executive and the club to sort out. I am a member of my local branch but joined pretty recently and have no position within that branch. They (Alkrington) hold regular meetings and I think most of the members would support the branch whether they had access to tickets or not. There's probably quite a few like that both locally and particularly those that aren't. I could be wrong but the branch I used to belong to (P&W) only appears to hold meetings on a very irregular basis (although I think they've had problems with a venue up till recently and haven't been a member for a few years).

I don't think I could be much clearer but if there's anything in this that still isn't clear then I'm happy to clarify.
A very good post.

But there’s always a but.
We do have a system where people like yourself can get to the odd away game, in fact there have now been nine odd away games that have gone to zero points.

Sorry to labour the point (sic) but I do it because you mention it regularly. As if there’s an army of fans pestering for this, and yet hardly anyone raises it.

I think it's a perfectly valid point but why would the SC rep put his head above the parapet if Colin is prepared to do it for him?

Colin does however (and I am not in anyway suggesting it is pre-meditated) seem to be wearing his supporters club hat in this debate. He rightly argues the whole system is open to abuse and is being abused but also argues for retention of the existing SC allocation regardless of how branches see fit to allocate.

As a member of the ever dwindling 60% and particularly one who has been squeezed out further over the last 5 years (despite doing the shit midweek trips that only SC members attend) I, and others, do not feel that our interests are being represented in this debate.

I've never been a member of a SC but I've already attended Liverpool and Huddersfield on tickets allocated to a SC this season. Am I about to name names …. no because CM have no intention of closing that avenue to me. My point remains that the system is broke ….. look at in its entirety then instead of singling out the same supporters group time after time.
Just a small point, but what’s the point of you being there if you won’t put your head above the parapet ?

I am absolutely sick and fucking tired of having my words miscontrued, misrepresented or ignored. I've already put posters on my Ignore list over this thread and have asked Ric to deactivate my account recently, which he talked me out of. I'll say this one more time and then I won't be making any more substantive posts in this thread for the time being, regardless of the provocation. If people have anything constructive to say to me, feel free to do it through my City Matters email.

Seen as you seem to quote me on a regular basis when something upsets you then I'll respond via this forum. I have genuinely tried to engage you through twitter and this forum but have had to put up with the usual angry responses to anything you do not agree with. I have had personal insults from you despite my never yet resorting to type. My concerns remain your constant alienation and lack of representation of those supporters in the middle tier of a points system that is quite clearly not fit for purpose, You frequently defend the supporters club allocation regardless of the abuses that occur within that system. Here's a novel idea for you ….. keep the 20% currently offered to supporters clubs but offer it to ALL season card holders via a ballot. At least ALL of the supporters you represent then have the same chance at that 20% rather than the current system that IS abused on a weekly basis.

I haven't got an issue with you Colin and genuinely think we speak from the same page on the majority of this debate but please take your SC blinkers off and look at the whole allocation rather than just the 80% that doesn't involve SC's.

I'm more than happy to chat face to face if something is lost in translation (email conversations will be no different than this). I'll be in Dusseldorf Tuesday, Gelsenkirchen Wednesday and London on Sunday. Up to you.

If City are lucky enough to make it to the semi final of the Fa Cup and it's played on the Sunday, we will see how desperate people are to make a sacrifice to watch City, another trip to Wembley on the back of the league cup final. That's the perfect game to offer a loyalty points incentive, and maybe the points should be the same across the board regardless of gold or platinum. I would offer upwards of 200 points for a game which i think may be a hard sell

it’s a bit poor if people can’t debate the issues without being abilusive to the City Matters Rep.

I reckon every point made on this thread has been repeated at least ten times and it’s been reduced to whingeing about 4 tickets for Newport Away when the Club was finalising the distribution of 34,000 Cup Final tickets.

it’s a bit poor if people can’t debate the issues without being abilusive to the City Matters Rep.

I reckon every point made on this thread has been repeated at least ten times and it’s been reduced to whingeing about 4 tickets for Newport Away when the Club was finalising the distribution of 34,000 Cup Final tickets.
Fake news

If City are lucky enough to make it to the semi final of the Fa Cup and it's played on the Sunday, we will see how desperate people are to make a sacrifice to watch City, another trip to Wembley on the back of the league cup final. That's the perfect game to offer a loyalty points incentive, and maybe the points should be the same across the board regardless of gold or platinum. I would offer upwards of 200 points for a game which i think may be a hard sell

TBF it depends who we play. United and demand will be off the scale. Dare I say it …. anyone else and you're absolutely spot on.

I think I might be one on the ignore list which is a shame. Haven't abused, just raised the issues and pointed out a few home truths

He's no different to the club, I've got plenty of info and ticket stubs that will be traced back to SC touting but he doesn't want to know. Turning a blind eye just like the club do

But he would do that because his place behind the scenes, being in the know, access to a group of directors he slagged off to the hilt for years is far more important than his electorate

Ric, you may as well delete his account because nothing raised on this thread is ever going to be aired at these meetings

City Matters, for regular seasoncard holders, is finished with him representing us

200 points won't affect anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.