Aymeric Laporte 2018 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He must come off the pitch at the end of a game like today and think fuck me, what a side this is and what a decision i've made in joining.

Looks so comfortable and today, his lack of outright pace could have been exploited but you saw some fantastic positional awareness from the man to go with his skill on the ball.

just enjoyed whenever Hazard, Pedro or Willian tried to break and he'd just amble across casually, take the ball away from them before they could run onto it and just go "no you don't" to the point where Chelsea just ended up having to try increasingly ridiculous balls from deep to try and get any joy. Just shut them down completely.

Thought him and otamendi worked well together, when on attacked the ball the other went in behind and viceversa making it very simple all game. As good as Vinnie can be as an individual, I don't think we've had that same understanding when he's played it's generally been a bit more individual and last ditch. Then again, Chelsea hardly made it difficult pumping long balls up to Hazard, who didn't exactly look up for fighting for them

This lad and the unexpected coming back from the dead of Kompany have certainly stopped any moaning about centre backs. He and Otamendi looked very comfortable together as well. Wonder if it will be Laporte and Stones against Basle?

If stones can catch up, with a sprinkle of Ota, then we have another level to our game not yet seen, which is frightening...

Laporte reminds me a bit of Alan Hansen, composed yet alert...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.