Aymeric Laporte 2018 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not making decisions on him yet, far too soon. But so far my view would be that he looks fantastic on the ball but would like to see more aggression in the tackle from him. First and foremost defenders need to defend.

Exactly this. I know Pep doesn't 'teach the tackles' but maybe Nico can help him out there. Stones really upped his aggression early on and it took his game up to a whole different level.

As above... Laporte appears to be very slow - which doesn't rule him out as a good defender; he'll need to take up good positions, make sound decisions and likely be paired with a much faster partner against quicker opponents.

Nobody seems to have mentioned Laporte on here today unless I have missed it, thought he played decent at left back looked solid and had a few nice passes in the final third

As above... Laporte appears to be very slow - which doesn't rule him out as a good defender; he'll need to take up good positions, make sound decisions and likely be paired with a much faster partner against quicker opponents.

he's not slow.

Really liked the positions he took up going forward and his willingness to be bold with his passing which opened up the chance for the first goal. Yes left-back isn't natural and Salah will give him far more scrutiny, but I guess we now have 5 options at LB which considering we actually only have 1 LB is some achievement.

Another great addition slowly finding his feet in a new league with new teammates and new tactics.

Took Pep a year to teach Stones how to defend, Laporte will need that long too. Not to worry when we have Otamendi.

I’m not a tactics/positional expert but it seemed like a hybrid back 3/4 type thing going on. I thought he played the position well and agree with @Pablo1 and @Tevez City points.

We’re exptremely spoiled at the CB position now. What a time to be a blue lol

I’m not a tactics/positional expert but it seemed like a hybrid back 3/4 type thing going on. I thought he played the position well and agree with @Pablo1 and @Tevez City points.

We’re exptremely spoiled at the CB position now. What a time to be a blue lol

I describe the formation as 3-7-0. Ota, Vinnie and Eric were very much a back three.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.