Aymeric Laporte

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be an odd signing but then again we don’t know what the club’s thinking is towards the likes of Rekik, Denayer, Kompany and Mangala.

Demichelis could drop down the ranks and be used sparingly – as he should be. Kompany is destined to stay as he’s the captain and you’d expect his form to come back (and hope as well).

We will probably offload Boyata and keep one of Denayer and Rekik at the club. Maybe they will be selling Mangala to fund this…

I don’t see the point in spending big money on the centre back position though with the options we have. We’d be better off addressing central midfield and the full back positions, both of which need improving on.

supercity88 said:
It would be an odd signing but then again we don’t know what the club’s thinking is towards the likes of Rekik, Denayer, Kompany and Mangala.

Demichelis could drop down the ranks and be used sparingly – as he should be. Kompany is destined to stay as he’s the captain and you’d expect his form to come back (and hope as well).

We will probably offload Boyata and keep one of Denayer and Rekik at the club. Maybe they will be selling Mangala to fund this…

I don’t see the point in spending big money on the centre back position though with the options we have. We’d be better off addressing central midfield and the full back positions, both of which need improving on.
nothing is guaranteed in my opinion. This might just be rounding out the defense. Bring back Denayer, buy Larporte. Sell Kolarov and Sagna. Denayer backs up Sagna, and Larporte backs up Clichy.

And both challenge for starting jobs in the Center. I've said it for a while now, our weakest position this season has been CB. Folks are pussy footing around it coz 1) Kompany plays there, and 2) we spent a fortune on the position in the summer. So everyone is hoping this was an ahberation. Sure it might be, but what if it's not? Well Larporte and Denayer helps that. And if it turns out to be just a 2 season slump for Kompany, and he returns to top 10 CB form, well we have 3 very good and young CBs and a WC captain who gets injured. I really don't see the problem. Let's get good again at the position.

greasedupdeafguy said:
Why would we want a centre back when Denayer and Rekik are coming back from loans

Exactly, plus we'll have mangala who I personally think will do good for us next season (if we have a manager who's good defensively)

City Watch @City_Watch · 8 min
TMW "Exclusive": City are ready to trigger Laporte's release clause (£30m) to see off Barcelona and Real Madrid for the French defender.

Nobody else find it refreshing that we've been linked with top young talent. Denayer could yet be given a PL loan and Demichelis won't last for two years so this is potentially a wonderful signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.