Aymeric Laporte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would this mean a return to three across the back - Stones - Otamendi - Laporte - or have we dispensed with that?

Can we do that and still fit in Walker, Delph and Mendy (when fit), Zinchenko, etc.? Would that impact upon Sane, Sterling and so ons game time? I suppose it’s a matter of horses for courses and players having to be happy with rotation.

Also, where does this leave Vinnie?

So many questions.

Unfortunately it leaves Vinny in the trainer's room.

Would this mean a return to three across the back - Stones - Otamendi - Laporte - or have we dispensed with that?

Can we do that and still fit in Walker, Delph and Mendy (when fit), Zinchenko, etc.? Would that impact upon Sane, Sterling and so ons game time? I suppose it’s a matter of horses for courses and players having to be happy with rotation.

So many questions.
Judging by his stint at Bayern, Guardiola likes to choose particular setup for each opponent. Not sure that Laporte is suitable for 3ATB as LCB, he's not very mobile.

So many questions.

It does. It’s gotta mean three at the back is a legitimate option. The club was very smart in handling Nico the way that they did. Pay rise + extension before getting Laporte in. I have no idea how quickly Laporte slots in and in what formation but im excited to let it play out.

Vinnie is either gone or 4th choice :-/ yeah?

Who gets dropped in a back four? Surely isn’t Nico. Pressures on stones I suppose.

Judging by his stint at Bayern, Guardiola likes to choose particular setup for each opponent. Not sure that Laporte is suitable for 3ATB as LCB, he's not very mobile.

He can play in a back 5 easily. He looks like he has more pace then he’s getting credited for in that link going around twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.