Aymeric Laporte

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can never be certain how things will work out, but as you say, this guy has much more ability & much fewer flaws to fix, than Otamendi & indeed Stones had when we signed them.

My only question would be as to why he isn't here already. If it's down to him being sensible about being 'ready' before he made a big move, then no problem, if it's down to him not liking pressure, then it might be one.

But I can't imagine a more perfectly suitable signing we could make than this,' in theory'.
The impression I got at the time was it was mainly loyalty to Bilbao having spent most of the previous season out injured and having a relatively low buy out, they persuaded him to stay a little bit longer and sign with a higher buy out.

Back up left back ie sessigon and a young player to challenge raz & sterling (should have been sancho he would of got game time this year). That's the squad complete with Gunn swapping for bravo and maffeo for danilo. Then we just buy potential gems as and when they come up.
In an ideal world. We are actually getting quite close to that ideal world. Gunn looks good. I think Bravo may go in the Summer and we recall Gunn. Would he settle to be Ederson's no. 2 though? I think he will get offers from a lot of top clubs

Number 3 is particularly annoying because as far as I know it is pretty much accepted that the current Etihad deal is on the low side compared to what we could get. I expect it from united fans, they haven't a clue but the stuff from Newcastle fans recently did surprise me. I thought they would see us for what we are and, as naïve as it sounds, be happy that we have had some luck. I didn't think they would just be the same as the turds at united, Liverpool and Arsenal. I am confident that if the Sheikh had bought Newcastle instead of us and they were currently top, I would be pleased for them and wouldn't be bitter.

The same Newcastle fans that want a new owner. They would love to be in our position and have owners like ours. Everton fans are the same. Reminds me of Liverpool fans when they claim they would hate an owner like ours, fucking oil bastards with no human rights etc. Fucking bollocks. No football fan in this country would be complaining if they had owners at their club like City have. I love the jealousy.

I only speak a little French, but is his name actually Aymeric The Door?

Also the last letter is e not é meaning that his name is just two syllables, right?

Essentially meaning that the That's Amore song isn't going to work.

Going back through teams creating a dynasty which I believe this one is capable they always have a solid young keeper for understudy who stays 3/4 years then either replace 1st choice or move on. There are enough games for 2 keepers and the medals make up for missing 50% of games. A keeper can play up til 38ish so have a long enough career to be patient.

Not having seen Laporte, the one question mark I would ask is why is he not at Real Madrid or Barcelona.

We did this to Bayern with Sane and De Bruyne, but I do wonder why Real Madrid and barcelona have allowed us to do this. Both of those sides need overhauling and £57m is not that great a transfer fee when players like Van Dijk move for £75m.

The impression I got at the time was it was mainly loyalty to Bilbao having spent most of the previous season out injured and having a relatively low buy out, they persuaded him to stay a little bit longer and sign with a higher buy out.
To be fair, Athletic are world class exploiters of loyalty and really put pressure on people not to leave

I'm sure they did, but I doubt it would have worked on Sane or KDB if they saw an opportunity like that.

It's his decision in the end & I think at least part of it must have been because he thought it was right for him at the time.

It's similar with DeJong at Ajax now. He has signed a new deal there, but part of that is because he doesn't think he's ready to move at this time.

Not having seen Laporte, the one question mark I would ask is why is he not at Real Madrid or Barcelona.

We did this to Bayern with Sane and De Bruyne, but I do wonder why Real Madrid and barcelona have allowed us to do this. Both of those sides need overhauling and £57m is not that great a transfer fee when players like Van Dijk move for £75m.

They are rebuilding in all areas & it will really cost them. We have been chasing Sanchez when we need fullbacks, cbs & mids. Same thing.

At some point, one of them would come after him.

I only speak a little French, but is his name actually Aymeric The Door?

Also the last letter is e not é meaning that his name is just two syllables, right?

Essentially meaning that the That's Amore song isn't going to work.
I think it is pronounced Laport. But changing a foreign name to fit a song has never worried us before as Kelechi Iheanachio would tell you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.