Aymeric Laporte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh come on mate, Demichelis was clearly a very good centre back in his day but by the time we got him he was completely finished and our success was very much in spite of him rather than him being a positive in that success.
I think he was pretty good for two seasons, he was a stalwart at centre back when Vinnie had one of his injured spells, was a significant part of the team that won the title.
His last season is better forgotten when he looked like he was wading through treacle.

Last edited:
Wednesday is transfer deadline. We play on Sunday and Wednesday, so I'm not convinced that the club will be signing or announcing players on those days. That leaves us what 4 days to sign both Laporte and Fred? Surely if we're planning to sign both, Laporte should get done before Sunday's match?

It’s jealousy, plain and simple. Yeah, United have got their history, I’d love to have a trophy cabinet like they’ve got. But they’d love to be steamrolling the league, season after season like they used to a few years back. They can’t accept that there’s clubs with similar money now. They would be liars if they said they wouldn’t like an owners like City’s.

Sick of reading fucking bullshit about history by United fans who believe football was invented in 1992. History is written in the moment, and at this moment we’re the best team in world football, with the best squad, we’re twleve points clear in the worlds toughest league and have beaten every single so called rival. We’re in a cup final, have topped our CL group and are the only English side in a realistic position to win a quadruple. Oh, and we’re set to get over 100 points , and we’ve just set a record of eighteen wins in a row.

Anybody who fucking denigrates our achievements this season and brings up history from stuff that happened twenty years ago when the league was monopolised by the sky big four is a fucking moron who deserves nothing but contempt.

Sick of reading fucking bullshit about history by United fans who believe football was invented in 1992. History is written in the moment, and at this moment we’re the best team in world football, with the best squad, we’re twleve points clear in the worlds toughest league and have beaten every single so called rival. We’re in a cup final, have topped our CL group and are the only English side in a realistic position to win a quadruple. Oh, and we’re set to get over 100 points , and we’ve just set a record of eighteen wins in a row.

Anybody who fucking denigrates our achievements this season and brings up history from stuff that happened twenty years ago when the league was monopolised by the sky big four is a fucking moron who deserves nothing but contempt.

20 odd years ago there was the sky big 1 pre Wenger and you know who that was!! No wonder they hark back to it.....

Interesting that, cheers. Is he any good at organising those around him or is he quiet?

Yeah he's an organiser, been the mainstay of their defence since he broke through, different partners all the time(like us trying to find a partner for Vinny). This season he has Unai Nunez(20 year old playing his first top flight games) along side him and 8 clean sheets in 20 games is good going.

I hate how 'history' has become synonymous with 'success' in football. Because obviously saying that you love your team because they used to win anything is tantamount to admitting being a glory supporter. Instead, you're a fan because of their rich history......of winning. Nobody's supporting Notts County because they've got more history than anyone else.

Only read the last few pages. Would like to know the general consensus re this transfer. I know Pep wants him, but what about Bluemooners?
I think Dabo will be a great addition to the squad, personally.

I am looking forward to seeing how he links up with Dunne, as he is getting on in years.

If only Pep was as up-to-the-minute as us fans, we would have had Javi Martinez by now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.