Aymeric Laporte

Status
Not open for further replies.
In fairness, injuries is what causes the changes at CB. This season, it was always gonna be Kompany and Ota. But injuries meant Mangala played some games, and whwn he too got injured, Demi got some too.

Under Pep, there will be a preferred 2. It might take a bit to decide, but once decided, the others get cup games and in between Champions league games. They will be backups. And the starters will be starters.
So we will have two £30-40m backup centerbacks? While Denayer just wastes away as backup to the backup? Seems like a terrible plan. It's one too many. Meanwhile we still aren't being linked with any fullbacks, despite us not having any good ones, just a couple of average ones and two pretty useless ones.

I refuse to believe that every defender we have bought over the last 3 years are so shit that we have to buy 2 more. How about someone tells Guardiola that he has to coach the ones we've already forked out 30+ million for?

So we will have two £30-40m backup centerbacks? While Denayer just wastes away as backup to the backup? Seems like a terrible plan. It's one too many. Meanwhile we still aren't being linked with any fullbacks, despite us not having any good ones, just a couple of average ones and two pretty useless ones.
Depends on how you are looking at it. If Pep specifically requested both players the only way they are not starters is if they suck or get injured. From what I've seen. Neither one of those 2 suck, I think they'd become the starters sooner than later.

As for Denayer, I think hoping he becomes a starter here is mostly our hope, at Galatasary he is mostly deployed as a Right back. As for our original 3, we have an Injury prone Captain and 2 guys who interchange between starting, most dont thinks either has laid claim to being an undisputed starter. Both have shown some good qualities and some bad. Neither is half the passer these 2 are. And Pep wants ( I think) intense possession potential.

More likely than not, we sell one of those 3 and add these 2. One of these 2 become a starter from the beginning, and the other if Kompany's hammy acts up again. Whoever stays of Màngala/Ota becomes a backup or spot defender.

Denayer in my mind really doesn't factor in a role at CB. At least not this year. Best case scenario, he owns the RB spot for now àns becomes the defacto backup to the incoming duo in 2 years.

Unless that is, he can beat

Depends on how you are looking at it. If Pep specifically requested both players the only way they are not starters is if they suck or get injured. From what I've seen. Neither one of those 2 suck, I think they'd become the starters sooner than later.

As for Denayer, I think hoping he becomes a starter here is mostly our hope, at Galatasary he is mostly deployed as a Right back. As for our original 3, we have an Injury prone Captain and 2 guys who interchange between starting, most dont thinks either has laid claim to being an undisputed starter. Both have shown some good qualities and some bad. Neither is half the passer these 2 are. And Pep wants ( I think) intense possession potential.

More likely than not, we sell one of those 3 and add these 2. One of these 2 become a starter from the beginning, and the other if Kompany's hammy acts up again. Whoever stays of Màngala/Ota becomes a backup or spot defender.

Denayer in my mind really doesn't factor in a role at CB. At least not this year. Best case scenario, he owns the RB spot for now àns becomes the defacto backup to the incoming duo in 2 years.

Unless that is, he can beat
Again, you've completely overlooked what we do with the 4th £30-40m CB. Kompany starts with one of the new ones, when Kompany gets injured the other new one comes in. So the 4th (presumably Otamendi) one does what exactly? The Demichelis role? Because no £30-40m player is going to do that role and it would be a complete and utter waste to have one there, that spot is tailor made for Denayer.

Again, you've completely overlooked what we do with the 4th £30-40m CB. Kompany starts with one of the new ones, when Kompany gets injured the other new one comes in. So the 4th (presumably Otamendi) one does what exactly? The Demichelis role? Because no £30-40m player is going to do that role and it would be a complete and utter waste to have one there, that spot is tailor made for Denayer.
Otamendi will play a new role with a new team most likely so it won't be a concern.

Otamendi will play a new role with a new team most likely so it won't be a concern.
Fine if it happens, it just puts an emphasis on what a stupid transfer it was. I'd love to know who's idea that was, because even at the time most people couldn't see any reason at all for it. I guess that's the problem with having a DoF, you never know whether signings are theirs or the managers. If we get rid of him after only one year without Pep even using him then it will look a lot like it was Pellegrini's idea

Considering how often we have had to play Otamendi this season it seems incredibly strange to bemoan that the transfer made no sense. With VKs injury history we were short a CB unless you truly believed an MDM/Denayer could step into a starting role during a prolonged absence

Fine if it happens, it just puts an emphasis on what a stupid transfer it was. I'd love to know who's idea that was, because even at the time most people couldn't see any reason at all for it. I guess that's the problem with having a DoF, you never know whether signings are theirs or the managers. If we get rid of him after only one year without Pep even using him then it will look a lot like it was Pellegrini's idea

And didn't we on paper just pay 5m £ for him? As Valencia owed us money they couldn't give us from the Negredo deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.