Badstuber

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies, haven't bothered reading the pages earlier but my understand via my German friend is Badstuber was really highly thought of years back, around 5 or 6, seemed to have it all, strength, height , defending and most importantly for the likes of Pep, a great passer ala Boateng now for Bayern, obviously injury has majorly hindered his development and as far as I can gather, he's played around 20 to 25 games for Bayern in the past 4 years or so, if that's the case, it's an absolute joke that we'd consider signing him regardless of how good he may be if he ever stays fit. I know Pep wants a comfortable left footed centre half but this smacks of desperation to me.

Really? Most managers would say its just rumours but he said no...

Well he did say this directly after...

"We have to speak with the club about what is the situation, because hopefully Vincent can help us, but Vincent in the last two years he was like this [with injuries].

"We have Nico [Otamendi], John [Stones] and [Aleksandar] Kolarov, and Kola is a full-back, and of course we have Tosin [Adarabioyo], and Tosin is still young. When we arrive now in the Premier League, in the FA Cup, in the Champions League, if something happens with the injuries we don't have enough.

"We are evaluating if there's a chance to take one. I know Holger, he's a fantastic player, a fantastic guy, but he's a Bayern Munich player, and we should first of all speak with them and with him.

"Now on the table there are no names because we had a lot of games, but now we have 10 days off, 10 days until Everton, so we have time to discuss with [director of football] Txiki [Begiristain], with the club, what is the best for the rest of the season."

Source: http://www.espnfc.com/manchester-ci...r-dismissed-by-manchester-citys-pep-guardiola

good but injury prone type player.
Kolarov can replace Kompany temporarily, i always like him playing at CB.
need to start finding good left back in this window.

Apologies, haven't bothered reading the pages earlier but my understand via my German friend is Badstuber was really highly thought of years back, around 5 or 6, seemed to have it all, strength, height , defending and most importantly for the likes of Pep, a great passer ala Boateng now for Bayern, obviously injury has majorly hindered his development and as far as I can gather, he's played around 20 to 25 games for Bayern in the past 4 years or so, if that's the case, it's an absolute joke that we'd consider signing him regardless of how good he may be if he ever stays fit. I know Pep wants a comfortable left footed centre half but this smacks of desperation to me.

Would fit right in with our transfer policy to be fair.

Surprising as just two months back Badstuber said how Ancelotti is much more approachable than Pep. Wasn't really glowing praise about Pep at all.

Well he did say this directly after...

"We have to speak with the club about what is the situation, because hopefully Vincent can help us, but Vincent in the last two years he was like this [with injuries].

"We have Nico [Otamendi], John [Stones] and [Aleksandar] Kolarov, and Kola is a full-back, and of course we have Tosin [Adarabioyo], and Tosin is still young. When we arrive now in the Premier League, in the FA Cup, in the Champions League, if something happens with the injuries we don't have enough.

"We are evaluating if there's a chance to take one. I know Holger, he's a fantastic player, a fantastic guy, but he's a Bayern Munich player, and we should first of all speak with them and with him.

"Now on the table there are no names because we had a lot of games, but now we have 10 days off, 10 days until Everton, so we have time to discuss with [director of football] Txiki [Begiristain], with the club, what is the best for the rest of the season."

Source: http://www.espnfc.com/manchester-ci...r-dismissed-by-manchester-citys-pep-guardiola
I read that as Pep saying that he wouldn't disrespect any other club by discussing one of their players. It's certainly not a 'yes' even if it's not an outright 'no'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.