Balotelli alleged "stamp" V Spurs

blink922 said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
blueprint said:
And while you are watching the beautiful acting of Parker in slow motion ask yourself why was Parker advancing a couple of paces while on the floor instead of cowering & protecting himself with those limbs.
I'm not sure if this is a wind-up or not. If it's not you need to accept that he tried to stamp on Parker. Just accept it and stop causing yourself so much stress.

Not sure about this 'moving into him' angle that blueprint is intent on proving, but there's no need to accept it because there's more than enough evidence in this thread to reasonably suggest there was nothing malicious about it. Stop spouting this shit please, your opinion =! fact.

Prestwich does confuse the two from time to time blink922 and he is entitled to his opinion but agreed its just an opinion like the rest of us.

Not sure if his "causing too much stress comment" is near the mark either.

If anything I read into Prestwich's comments he is a tad stressed himself.

Prestwich_Blue said:
blueprint said:
idahoblues said:
some beautiful acting but no question he stomped on his head purposely, come on! definately hopes he gets off though.

And while you are watching the beautiful acting of Parker in slow motion ask yourself why was Parker advancing a couple of paces while on the floor instead of cowering & protecting himself with those limbs.
I'm not sure if this is a wind-up or not. If it's not you need to accept that he tried to stamp on Parker. Just accept it and stop causing yourself so much stress.

With due respect to you Prestwich, there are a number of us divided about his STAMPING INTENTION.

I remain uncovinced that it was a stamping! Have we officially abandoning an appeal to the charge? Until then we should not be the Judge, Jury & Executioner if there is some element of doubt about Mario's alledgedly backheeling.

mancity1 said:
Prestwich does confuse the two from time to time blink922 and he is entitled to his opinion but agreed its just an opinion like the rest of us.

I'm just a bit annoyed that the media is getting what they want: blues turning on other blues. If it was a clear stomp, I'd be the first to say that type of action does not belong anywhere near our club and I'd be behind a ban, but it's just too difficult to prove conclusively either way. When in doubt, get behind our boys!

Let's come back together and support the lads tomorrow, all of them. ANOTHER TRIP TO WEMBLEY PLEASE!

blueprint said:
With due respect to you Prestwich, there are a number of us divided about his STAMPING INTENTION.

I remain uncovinced that it was a stamping! Have we officially abandoning an appeal to the charge? Until then we should not be the Judge, Jury & Executioner if there is some element of doubt about Mario's alledgedly backheeling.

I don't think we'll appeal just because of what happened with Vinny already. He's already been condemned by the media and it's 99% they'll deliver a ban.

As for if we should appeal or not, I'm conflicted. On one hand I don't think it was malicious and think that we should appeal just because he does not deserve a ban, especially in the wake of the Crouch ruling. Stand up for Mario and show that we won't cave to any bullshit witch hunts. Everyone needs to know that we won't be bullied.

On the other, I can see how it makes the club look better by accepting a ban and moving on. We don't want to turn this into the Suarez situation (let me make it clear that I acknowledge there is nothing similar about the incidents) The games he'll be missing we can afford to lose him for. But everyone hates us already so fuck it!

blueprint said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
blueprint said:

Substitute Balotelli for say Lampard or others I am sure we could come up with a few names and you seriously wonder whether the media and others would even be using the word stomp/stamp and whether that player would be up on a charge now.

mancity1 said:
blueprint said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

Substitute Balotelli for say Lampard or others I am sure we could come up with a few names and you seriously wonder whether the media and others would even be using the word stomp/stamp and whether that player would be up on a charge now.

The keyword is BACKHEELING but with the media nefariously applying the term stamping.

blink922 said:
mancity1 said:
blink922 said:
Not sure about this 'moving into him' angle that blueprint is intent on proving, but there's no need to accept it because there's more than enough evidence in this thread to reasonably suggest there was nothing malicious about it. Stop spouting this shit please, your opinion =! fact.

I'm just a bit annoyed that the media is getting what they want: blues turning on other blues. If it was a clear stomp, I'd be the first to say that type of action does not belong anywhere near our club and I'd be behind a ban, but it's just too difficult to prove conclusively either way. When in doubt, get behind our boys!

Let's come back together and support the lads tomorrow, all of them. ANOTHER TRIP TO WEMBLEY PLEASE!

Wouldn't matter if we were 30 points clear and Balotelli was behaving like Vincent Kompany on and off the field blink922 therer would still be plenty of threads that contain personal insults on this forum (LOL).

Balotelli will always divide opinion and some blues will want him out no matter how many he slots in and what else he does for the club both good and bad.

Personally as long as he does the business when he does play and he is a positive for the other players on match days that's all I am concerned about.

I am more than happy with his contribution to our results since he joined the club.

A number of blues were and still are saying Savic isn't good enough for us after some 6 starts in a City shirt.

Fortunately people like me and many others like me and the management and ownership are far sighted enough that given time he will be a stalwart in defense and a 10 year player for the club something we do not see anymore.

It's gotten to the point where i'm not so much angry at the fact that Mario has been charged, but more so the fact that Crouch hasn't!

mancity1 said:
blink922 said:
mancity1 said:

Wouldn't matter if we were 30 points clear and Balotelli was behaving like Vincent Kompany on and off the field blink922 therer would still be plenty of threads that contain personal insults on this forum (LOL).

Balotelli will always divide opinion and some blues will want him out no matter how many he slots in and what else he does for the club both good and bad.

Personally as long as he does the business when he does play and he is a positive for the other players on match days that's all I am concerned about.

I am more than happy with his contribution to our results since he joined the club.

A number of blues were and still are saying Savic isn't good enough for us after some 6 starts in a City shirt.

Fortunately people like me and many others like me and the management and ownership are far sighted enough that given time he will be a stalwart in defense and a 10 year player for the club something we do not see anymore.

Glad to hear it mate, coming down the final stretch of the season I wish we could all just support the lads and save the bickering, but I know it's just a pipe dream. For some, slating our players on a forum is the best part of their day.

pudge said:
It's gotten to the point where i'm not so much angry at the fact that Mario has been charged, but more so the fact that Crouch hasn't!

I'm angry about the Balo charge but I agree. Shameful by the FA, completely shameful.

blink922 said:
mancity1 said:

blueprint said:

I don't think we'll appeal just because of what happened with Vinny already. He's already been condemned by the media and it's 99% they'll deliver a ban.

As for if we should appeal or not, I'm conflicted. On one hand I don't think it was malicious and think that we should appeal just because he does not deserve a ban, especially in the wake of the Crouch ruling. Stand up for Mario and show that we won't cave to any bullshit witch hunts. Everyone needs to know that we won't be bullied.

On the other, I can see how it makes the club look better by accepting a ban and moving on. We don't want to turn this into the Suarez situation (let me make it clear that I acknowledge there is nothing similar about the incidents) The games he'll be missing we can afford to lose him for. But everyone hates us already so fuck it!

We have to way up the risk of having the ban increased as opposed to showing support to a player who by all accounts is still of the maturity level that would question the clubs believe in him if we didn't make some kind of stand as we did with Vincent.

The club have to sit Mario down and explain very clearly to him the value he has to the club and why we decided not to appeal if that's what we decide and Platt has already indicated that in the press notwithstanding giving him all the time he requires to explain his version of events and running with it.

Only Balotelli knows what occurred and what was going on in his mind at the time so we can summise all we can it matters little.

Balo's trust in the british media and the FA and british football indentities would be at an all time low at present and perhaps what little he had before left will never be restored.

The last thing we need is to make him think likewise about management , coaches and supporters.

mancity1 said:
blink922 said:
mancity1 said:

Yes Savic is a work in progress (he will come good) whereas Mario is more than a finished product. We need to continually 'shine' him instead of being tarnished by his detractors.

To do that we need to mitigate the inevitable problems (inconsistencies, false and dubious charges etc.) that will be hurled or heaped upon him as a result of him being a TOP CITY PLAYER.

Mario is no thug as some of our adversaries would like to paint him out to be.

Nor for once I believe he is Malicious. I remain unconvince that he INTENDED to stamp on Parker.

If you want to look for intend or thuggery go down the road and you will find our English Thug or read Scholes or Keane's biography for their retaliatory 'tackles'!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.