Battle of the XI's: La Liga v Prem v Serie A v Bundesliga

MSP said:
Why do people still put Pique in league/world best teams is out of my mind.

There is full bag of better players on his position all around the world. He is nothing more than average defender that plays for Barcelona. I'd take Ashley Williams over him any day.

I don't believe Spain have a great amount of excellent central defenders, Puyol is ageing quick, Ramos is reckless in a David Luiz type way and Pepe is uncontrollable. Pique, whilst certainly not in my top5 world's best defenders edges those out.

Seriously though, Ashley Williams over Pique. Give your head a wobble.

Id have put Lahm at RB and Alaba at LB with Subotic/Santana or Dante instead of Boateng.

Other than that i think the Bundesliga is amazing and i disagree with the above poster over Reus/Muller, there are some cracking players who are good enough for that team who miss out like Kroos, Badstuber, Gundogen etc

Reus is fantastic and as much as i think Muller is superb he wouldn't beat him.

sjk2008 said:
MSP said:
Why do people still put Pique in league/world best teams is out of my mind.

There is full bag of better players on his position all around the world. He is nothing more than average defender that plays for Barcelona. I'd take Ashley Williams over him any day.

I don't believe Spain have a great amount of excellent central defenders, Puyol is ageing quick, Ramos is reckless in a David Luiz type way and Pepe is uncontrollable. Pique, whilst certainly not in my top5 world's best defenders edges those out.

Seriously though, Ashley Williams over Pique. Give your head a wobble.

I did, would still take him.

Even Barcelona fans think he's little bit more than shit.

One of most overrated players on the planet. When I saw him on FIFA team of the year list I wanted to cry ( I did not of course but you know the point).

Feed-The-Goat said:
Id have put Lahm at RB and Alaba at LB with Subotic/Santana or Dante instead of Boateng.

Other than that i think the Bundesliga is amazing and i disagree with the above poster over Reus/Muller, there are some cracking players who are good enough for that team who miss out like Kroos, Badstuber, Gundogen etc

Than take the numbers...

Bundesliga
Reus - 1826 minutes - 11 goals, 9 assists - one every 91 minutes
Müller - 1707 minutes - 11 goals, 11 assists - one every 78 minutes

Champions League
Reus - 644 minutes - 3 goals - one every 214 minutes
Müller - 510 minutes - 4 goals, 1 assist - one every 102 minutes

I do not want to start with the value for his team mates due to smart runs, better positioning, better defensive work...

Müller makes his goals and assists out of open play and not only from counter attacks and free kicks... and participated in more than 50 per cent of Bayern's away goals...

Dortmund is the new kid on the block - that makes them being hyped...

Alaba is better than Pisczek and Dante could be the best ball-playing CB in the world right.

Also don't understand why people here rate Clichy. Baines, Cole, Evra are better.

Maldeika said:
Feed-The-Goat said:

Than take the numbers...

Bundesliga

Champions League

I do not want to start with the value for his team mates due to smart runs, better positioning, better defensive work...

Müller makes his goals and assists out of open play and not only from counter attacks and free kicks... and participated in more than 50 per cent of Bayern's away goals...

Last i checked counter attacks were open play.

Im not saying Muller isn't great as id be lying, he's got a great engine and can play in the middle not only the wing, but as a wide man Reus brings more.

Feed-The-Goat said:
Maldeika said:
Feed-The-Goat said:

Than take the numbers...

Bundesliga

Champions League

Last i checked counter attacks were open play.

Im not saying Muller isn't great as id be lying, he's got a great engine and can play in the middle not only the wing, but as a wide man Reus brings more.

Reus for me, too.

I think if you're looking for a winger, and you ask any City fan, the majority would opt for Reus too.

I knew the Boateng & Piszczek choices would be controversial. After all, it's on my opinion. I really rate Piszczek and that's why I switched Lahm to left back in place of Alaba. Boateng & Subotic was the other 50/50 for me, too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.