Beating the congestion charge.

Newlunar

Reformed sociopath- Just trying to be....nice.
Are there any microlight flyers on here?

How easy/hard is it to get a licence?

What do they cost?

How much are the running costs?

Most importantly..are they reliable?

It cant be much different from riding a scooter. (I know it's free for bikes anyway but I'd get a right buzz from flying to work).

I saw one flying over my house yesterday and thought 'Yes, why the fook not.'

In London if you register as a mini cab you are exempt from paying it.

Maybe Manchester City Council will do the same?

This might be a sonsible post,goes to check,yes it is.Sorry.

I have flown a Microlight.Started as a present from the in-laws on my 40th birthday(trying to tell me something) i have now been up quite a few times and i can tell you this.

You are not allowed to fly over built up areas.Outskirts only.It might have looked like he was over your house but i bet he wasn't unless he was about to crash.
Oh,it also looks a piece of piss to fly but believe me it isn't.It's bloody hard.

May i suggest a bike?

urmston said:
An alternative way to beat the congestion charge is to vote no in the referendum.
if we get one. I notice council propaganda is flowing nicely about the C.C. The lovely booklet mentioned buses, trams, bikes, how lovely its going to be. It didnt really mention THAT much about the charge and when it did it said it will be £3.60...Seems OK that eh!! I dont suppose for a Minuit it will end up being £7/8/9....It didnt say weather these new buses are going to be subsidised like London is, so potentially it could cost me as much to get a bus into town as it is to drive...Its strange that,..... anyone would of thought the council dont actually want to stop people driving in, they just want to find a excuse to charge them for the pleasure!!!! Or am I looking at the issue too simplistically?

The referendum will be doctored to reflect the governments wishes. There will be backhanders bungs and bribes, construction contracts won with copious amounts of whores drugs and days at the races, hikes in all public transport costs regardless, and by the time ot comes into effect the city will be so vastly overpopulated that it will have little impact anyhow.

Its one big conspiracy.

Fuck it.

Looking at it from a financial point of view its a load of bollox!!
There is so little money being spent on the buses (170m) and trains (350M).The money spent on all of this is pre-congestion charge but with in flation and costs there will be foook all change.The rest of the money is being spent on the trams(which is really what its all about) and we wont see most of the improvements from them till way beyond 2013.
Couple all this with the 330m it will take to run the damn thing then the 174m a year in takins from the CC looks like fook all!
Peak time traffic is already starting to reduce due to the expense of running a car.
Its all a big con and i for one will be telling them to stick it up there arses!!!

Well WHEN it goes through...which i will!! I still say the best policy would be.... for one month, every person in greater Manchester to stop using there car. clog up the public transport system, give the council fuck all revenue, bring Manchester to a economic stand still. Like I've said, its not congestion they are bothered about, its screwing more cash out of us. The only use of all these buses will be a larger revenue stream for this great city's endless supply of muggers and nutters!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.