Before kick-off on Saturday

felixbg said:
no ... and it's not unique everyone they copied it off barca from the pre-season friendly. save it for the biggest games please, no tacky overkill
They wouldn't give us these gimmics if they didn't think we needed a right good kick up the arse to actually create an atmosphere. And for that reason, i have no problem with it. The truth is, we tend to need "tacky overkill". Without the bananas and flags, would the Hamburg game have had half as good an atmosphere? Not a chance.

Trev, I don't agree with you on that.

The Hamburg atmosphere was because of the gravity of the game, nothing to do with flags.

The United game will be just the same - the roof will be coming off without any banners or bananas or whatever else they dream up.

As an aside, pretty much everyone will tell you that the best atmosphere at Maine Road for the last 3 or 4 years at least, was the last derby. Did you know that the PA system broken down for that game? That allowed the atmosphere to build like it used to in the 80s. I remember getting to my seat 10 minutes before kickoff and already you could hardly hear yourself think.

Turn off the tannoy. And don't play that shawaddywaddy bloody Bluemoon. The hologram is good, I think, but not the music.

Wrighty Wrexham said:
M.A.R.T.I.N said:
was very good but they should of let the fans do bluemoon on our own.

This

The players would really appreciate what it means to us!!

Agree,whoever is in charge of the Tanoy and music just prior to kick off should bugger and let the fans get a song in.Plus, you cant talk to anyone when the tanoy is on,was trying to teach my kids to sing and they couldnt hear me!

anyone got a link or pics of the bluemoon thing, my other half said it looked good on sky, i was in the bar so missed it & the bbc didnt show it on thier highlights

fat boy blue said:
anyone got a link or pics of the bluemoon thing, my other half said it looked good on sky, i was in the bar so missed it & the bbc didnt show it on thier highlights
Here's a video of it:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Video/Match-highlights/City-v-Arsenal-extended-highlights" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Video/Match-highl ... highlights</a>

In fairness the Hamburg atmoshere also had a lot to do with Hamburg's fans. They were very IMPRESIVE and that jumping up and down on the spot looks great from a distance. Not to mention the flare box they lit and slid out onto the aisle steps. Great night though.

Didsbury Dave said:
Trev, I don't agree with you on that.

The Hamburg atmosphere was because of the gravity of the game, nothing to do with flags.

The United game will be just the same - the roof will be coming off without any banners or bananas or whatever else they dream up.

As an aside, pretty much everyone will tell you that the best atmosphere at Maine Road for the last 3 or 4 years at least, was the last derby. Did you know that the PA system broken down for that game? That allowed the atmosphere to build like it used to in the 80s. I remember getting to my seat 10 minutes before kickoff and already you could hardly hear yourself think.

Turn off the tannoy. And don't play that shawaddywaddy bloody Bluemoon. The hologram is good, I think, but not the music.

100% spot on ... i hate the fact music is played over the tannoy on the ludicrously loud sound system

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.