Benidorm (The place, not the TV show)

No6

I'm a City fan so I MUST be from Stockport?
I'm flying out to Benidorm for a week on Sunday, on a "family" holiday with my son and my ex, staying with her Mum who lives out there. I'm gonna be honest with you, Benidorm seems like my idea of hell. High rise apartments as far as the eye can see, "english" bars and cafes, thousands upon thousands of brit tourists crammed like sardines on a strip of sand. Just isn't my idea of what a foreign holiday should be like. If my lad hadn't of asked me to go, I don't think I'd be going.

So, the question to my fellow 'mooners is am I doing Benidorm a disservice in my assumptions above? Is it really as bad as I'm fearing? Also, and probably more importantly, what things are there to do (Sticky Vicky isn't going to be on my itinerary, so I'll save you the bother there)? Any particular areas I should visit? I know the Old Town is supposed to be worth a wander. Anything in the surrounding area? (won't be driving so limited to public transport).

Any and all advice is appreciated. Cheers :)

No need for public transport for getting around, just hire a mobility scooter like every fucker else there.

Went last Sept for the first time for 5 days. Wasn't as bad as I'd feared. Needed a few days doing bugger all, pool, beach, pool, food, bar, bed. All boxes ticked. And it was cheap. Can't complain.

No6 said:
BWTAC said:
No need for public transport for getting around, just hire a mobility scooter like every fucker else there.

Quality :)

Really putting my mind at rest there BWTAC. As bad as I fear then?

Not been for years pal, it was actually the destination for my first foreign holiday as a kid. The last time I went was on a stag do.

The old town is probably the best place for you, some decent bars and restaurants, however, if you steer clear of the main bar area in the new town, there's plenty of decent places. I know the place gets a bad rep, but it's one of those places that does have something for everyone and the beach is one of the best in the med.

Have been to Benidorm 6-7 times, it is what it is just somewhere to have a good time. For every lads/girls holiday there is always the same number of holidaying family's. The beach is excellent, very clean and lots of space on it. Lot's of the places like the water parks and other attractions have bus services running to them so no need to worry on that front. Just enjoy yourself and don't ponder the 80's Soviet Russia style inspired architecture..... ;-)

BWTAC said:
No6 said:
BWTAC said:

Quality :)

Really putting my mind at rest there BWTAC. As bad as I fear then?

Not been for years pal, it was actually the destination for my first foreign holiday as a kid. The last time I went was on a stag do.

The old town is probably the best place for you, some decent bars and restaurants, however, if you steer clear of the main bar area in the new town, there's plenty of decent places. I know the place gets a bad rep, but it's one of those places that does have something for everyone and the beach is one of the best in the med.

Yeah my mates went on a stag do there a few months ago. They also recommended the old town. Said there were a few decent tapas bars and taverns. He was too pissed whilst there to be able to tell me where they were though. Guess I'll have to explore

bammy blue said:
Have been to Benidorm 6-7 times, it is what it is just somewhere to have a good time. For every lads/girls holiday there is always the same number of holidaying family's. The beach is excellent, very clean and lots of space on it. Lot's of the places like the water parks and other attractions have bus services running to them so no need to worry on that front. Just enjoy yourself and don't ponder the 80's Soviet Russia style inspired architecture..... ;-)

Can you recommend any good bars, restaurants etc? Not the "bulldog bar" type thing though ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.