Benjamin Mendy - 2017/2018 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still getting up to speed, can't wait till he is in full motion. Has raw skills that I am sure Pep can't wait to mold exactly how he wants too. Exciting times ahead for bendy mendy!

So so deadly going forward. Looks a little off pace but it's understandable and this is still his pre season being only his 4th game.

Needs to improve defensively but I have faith that he will become one of the worlds best in his postion.
We will outscore people and I think that's probably the plan here. Mendy and Walker are giving us great width and loads of attacking options compared to last season. The occasional defensive slip-up is not something we should unduely worry about, if you ask me.

How do you evaluate his performances so far ? ( Defensively & Offensively )
Offensively he is belting in those crosses with intense regularity that his defensive frailties are being forgiven. But defensively he is pants.

But we are cruising right now, so its a non issue. If things get tighter and his defense hasn't improved it would be an issue in future.

For now I'm simply enjoying his offensive input and the overall energy he brings to the team both on and off the field.

Superb in the attacking third, not so hot defensively. Lost his man from a corner today which really should have cost us a goal. Going to play a big part for us this season. if he tightens up defensively he'll be superb!

Did he lose his man or was Sterling actually "marking" the guy? Anyhow, he also made an excellent defensive header on another occasion and I thought overall this was his best defensive effort so far but he has room, and time, for improvement.

He is a threat going forward and is going to cause all sorts of problems (for opponents) with his crosses.

I'm not sure I have ever seen a player bring together a group of players together as much as this bloke has done. He's created a group of togetherness that I haven't ever seen in this crop of players. They all fight for each other and that's clear to see. The bloke is fantastic. Defensively a bit suspect but going forward he's brilliant

What's this shark team thing he keeps mentioning on twitter? Is it something to do with ederson regarding jaws?
I think he is singlehandedly trying to rebrand City as a predator. "Shark team, we prey on the league."

I think he will do it too. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.