Benjamin Mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely going Alves on us. Time to walk away and focus on another left back. Loads of PL clubs manage to have a good defence without having some mega bucks backs. Including teams who use them for attacking options. We don't know what is causing the delay but it can only be the selling club's or the player's demands. As I said its time to tell the parties he signs in the next 24 hours or we move on.

Haha.

Think the fee is definitely the issue problem is the longer it rumbles on the chance he get frustrated and this leaves us a little exposed to another team just paying up. Hope we can get it over the line.

So the news from last night was basically that City were confident enough to schedule a medical, because they were confident that within 3-4 days (I believe Ric said on Thurs or Friday the medical would be Tuesday) they could agree a fee with Monaco but didn't and had to cancel the medical... Not good news imo esp because this has been "close" for weeks. Obviously someone's confidence was misplaced...and here we are two days later from that scheduled medical and still haven't agreed a fee... Hopefully today is the day!

i honestly don't think Chelsea were even properly in for Danilo. I think if they were he would've gone as there would be less competition there than here. So for people thinking they'e gonna snatch Mendy as some sort of revenge or retribution for us taking Danilo, i think that's probably wide of the mark.

Love the posters on here whose level of discussion doesn't extend beyond 1 or 2 words. Just one example

I get the point we want Mendy but we need defenders not one specific one. If they are not available without issues move on. City managed to have the 4th best defence in the PL last season despite having FBs who were all past their best and a keeper who was dire for over half the season. Every player we have doesn't have to be a 'sexy' signing.

Definitely going Alves on us. Time to walk away and focus on another left back. Loads of PL clubs manage to have a good defence without having some mega bucks backs. Including teams who use them for attacking options. We don't know what is causing the delay but it can only be the selling club's or the player's demands. As I said its time to tell the parties he signs in the next 24 hours or we move on.

So, "We don't know what is causing the delay", but "....its time to tell the parties he signs in the next 24 hours or we move on"

So many posters comment as if this was just like buying some furniture off ebay. If you go back to the Sterling and KDB transfers they were clearly done 'behind the scenes' with Txiki clearly having the contacts to get deals done through the players contacts and then enter into negotiations with the clubs - they then became protracted negotiations - but after CITY had already got the player and agent onside. I suspect very few people in the game could do this - the accountant at the scum certainly does not have any insider footballer contacts which is why he gets screwed over.

We all get frustrated and are keen to see our key positions filled, but we are now recruiting top players not squad fillers - it is obvious that the selling clubs would rather keep hold of them or if not extract the highest possible fee from CITY.

It really is a bit more complicated than making take it or leave it statements - that would be daft and likely wreck months of preparation done 'behind the scenes'.

Patience is needed - we will miss out on a couple of possible signings along the way. Like Alves, but given the Alves situation well - so what? He did a fucking big U-turn because PSG offered double the money - shit happens.

Last edited:
Fuck sake, Jackford you are now a rag lad because you pointed out the fact how this deal should have been tied up, you said days ago I would say weeks ago. The reports came out about Mendy when we signed Silva. Look how quick we sorted stuff out with Walker the second Alves went tits up. No heels should be dragged on our main targets.

Exactly Tom, you say something people don't like the sound of and it's assumed you are an undercover rag. The fact is this should have been finalised weeks ago as he is a main target.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.