Benjamin Mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know you are an avid viewer of other leagues. Which other players would you rather we went for? At least I know one from reading your posts -- Bernat. Personally I would have loved to have Theo Hernandez or Alex Sandro but we seem to have moved on from those targets. So who do you have in mind?
In my opinion, left backs I currently rate as good or better than Mendy include:
Grimaldo, Jonas Hector, Juan Bernat, Theo*, Rose, Sessegnon*,

The guys in asterix I'll take on potential.

But in all honesty, I don't think Mendy stands out above 15 to 20 other less popular LBs who didn't play on a darling team. But the above I'll definitely rate as good or better.

Obviously the people who matter disagree, or they'd be pursuing Bernat, a player who'll move for 1/4 the price.

If Guardiola is so keen to get himk rather than a player he already knows very well, he obviously doesn't share your opinion. Either he thinks Mendy has the potential to be very special, or Bernat is bang average.
I thought we agreed to not use the "but Guardiola thinks so" argument against each other :-)

giphy.gif
Lol. I could do a count you know.

"His plane' has just banked left, heading towards Paris, but still at 34,000ft. If its even him of course.

Like I've pointed pointedout in my diatribe. There are 4 offenders in world football. Real Madrid, PSG, rags, and City. That is the list of teams that consistently pay ridiculous prices. The market is quite stable outside of those 4.

Why do you think that is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.