Benjamin Mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
The selling club holds all the aces as the player is under contract. They know we are desperate for a left back and if we get him theoretically he could be our left back for the next ten years. We just need to sign him, unless we have a credible alternative lined up.......and if we do you can guess the price will rise anyway.

I think it's starting to become remarkably clear that the fee paid for Walker has affected subsequent transfer dealings considerably. As soon as the club realised the price that they were going to pay for Walker, they should have immediately met Monaco's demands (or at least made a bid that was acceptable to them). The strategy was not well thought out and we're going to be taken to the cleaners because of it. Mendy will not be the end of this. Those people who didn't see any problem with the Walker fee may now start to understand the implications of that deal. Paying considerably over the odds makes you an easy target. The scum, who are being asked to pay silly money for garbage players, understand this well. If the club capitulate to Monaco's demands then we can expect the effect to accumulate.

All English clubs are paying huge fees for players, Walker for £50m when Semedo goes for €35m, both including add ons. The market is crazy, especially where Naby Keita could go for a £70m+ fee.

We need to just pay the £50m and be done with this.

All English clubs are paying huge fees for players, Walker for £50m when Semedo goes for €35m, both including add ons. The market is crazy, especially where Naby Keita could go for a £70m+ fee.

If the Mbappe taping up thing is true i think Monaco will be reluctant to do business with you

MCFC need to stop faffing around and get Mendy..or CFC will get him... noone is complaining about CFC paying 70m!!! for Morata or United 75 for Lukaku.. Mendy is as important to MCFC as those 2 are for their clubs. Txiki needs to stopping faffing around and get this done...sell of the dross - Mangala, Bony, etc to fund Mendy
Another gem

If the Mbappe taping up thing is true i think Monaco will be reluctant to do business with you

Yes I guess I won't be able to buy a Monaco T-Shirt now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

City and Monaco have been talking over the fee, if there was any issue it would've come out earlier when they rejected Txiki's bid.

Not all English clubs. Look at how Chelsea were able to negotiate a fee for Morata that was lower than the rags' failed bid. After Walker, we've now got a target on our backs. Monaco changed the goalposts because of the Walker fee. Not because we're an English club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.