Bernardo Silva - 2017/18 performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by Ric, 14 Aug 2017.

1. ADegenerate

ADegenerate

Pretty underwhelming again for me. I suspect we'll start to see some adjustments and improvement within a few matches. A little bit of a worry of mine is that he's caught in no man's land regarding his position. Is he an 8 or a winger? He's best suited as a 10 or RM in a 4-4-2 but I have no doubts Pep and Bernie will figure it out. It's just taking a little longer than anticipated.

2. City_Sean

City_Sean

Similar to when David started, seems slow and slightly off the pace. Not worried about him though, he proved his class for Monaco last season.

3. blue_paul

blue_paul

Needs to be the creator centrally. Doesn’t have the pace to be running on to passes. He’ll be fine.

4. Abhinav Tripathi

Abhinav Tripathi

IMHO, he is yet to impress.
    I haven't witnessed a significant contribution from him just yet.
    Still early days though.

5. Gabriel

Gabriel

Carried and played the through ball for Sane's second goal at the Albion.

Boy is embarrassingly talented and will soon be shining brightly.

6. mavsmcfc

mavsmcfc

I’d wager he hasn’t had a bad start but not a great one either. Good thing he’s young though! Young players need consistent game time and unless Pep rotates Dave a bit more, it’ll be pretty difficult for him to get game time, at least for this season.

7. journolud

journolud

Thought he came into the game more the longer it went on against Wolves. Will prove an asset once he is properly bedded in.

8. worsleyweb

worsleyweb

Property Development
    Think he is doing fine.

9. Cityfan

Cityfan

Not played a huge amount but he has scored a goal provided at least one assist and held the ball well under pressure.
    All significant contributions in my opinion.
    But he's a young guy getting to know a new country with new team mates and a new system of play.

10. BlueMedic

BlueMedic

Very tidy but just not as effective as Sterling in our system, doesn't seem able to beat his man on the wing, keeps the ball well but has little end product at the moment. Imagine he'll be more suited to the role being played by Silva/De Bruyne currently, just doesn't quite have the pace/delivery to be a winger in our system for me.