Bernardo Silva - 2018/19 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
His work rate has been a pleasant surprise.

He’s James Milner with Merlin’s technical ability.

Started very well, had a bit of a dip and is no regaining his form. He hasn't scored for a while, though

I didn't envision lots of goals for him but as Pep says, he's the first name on the teamsheet for outfield players - every matchday

You lot really scored with this addition, he's every bit as valuable as initially touted and is only going to get better. A true gem in midfield

I didn't envision lots of goals for him but as Pep says, he's the first name on the teamsheet for outfield players - every matchday

You lot really scored with this addition, he's every bit as valuable as initially touted and is only going to get better. A true gem in midfield

Compliments are fine, just don't get any ideas ;)

+1
Bernardo is not about scoring goals - he's about assisting.

Although he performed well at RW recently... I still cringe when we play him there - unless he's got license to roam inside whenever he wants - Bernardo is a CAM.

+1
Bernardo is not about scoring goals - he's about assisting.

Although he performed well at RW recently... I still cringe when we play him there - unless he's got license to roam inside whenever he wants - Bernardo is a CAM.

No doubt he does the defensive work like how dino gives it all but our attacking play from the right has suffered recently, most of our attacking play is coming from the left when he plays on RW.

Considering how well he contributes defensively, playing him dino and Gundogan is a touch Conservative. It's OK if it's a tough attacking opponent away, or ucl nights but when we have to force the issue which we have to in the league nearly all the time we could do with 2 of the 3 (Gundogan, Silva, Dino)

No doubt he does the defensive work like how dino gives it all but our attacking play from the right has suffered recently, most of our attacking play is coming from the left when he plays on RW.

Considering how well he contributes defensively, playing him dino and Gundogan is a touch Conservative. It's OK if it's a tough attacking opponent away, or ucl nights but when we have to force the issue which we have to in the league nearly all the time we could do with 2 of the 3 (Gundogan, Silva, Dino)
Agree - we're packed in midfield.

3-2-1-4

Sane-Aguero-Sterling
Silva-Bernardo
Fernandinho
Laporte-Stones-Otters-Walker
Ederson

is extremely strong - and yet KDB is left out.

KDB must start - D. Silva must start - Berardo must start... Fernandinho must start....

We have a managerial dilemma - our squad is so gifted that one of our very best players will likely not start.

Compliments are fine, just don't get any ideas ;)

Some of you might be sore about FDJ but I am still envious of you guys having Bernardo. Pep having him mitigates it a lot, to be fair. He's a brilliant player, I love this sort of footballer. When others were flapping on about Mbappe at Monaco, I was drooling over Silva. The fact that he seems so likable (not unlike Frenkie, tbf) is more salt in the wound

I love watching him

Just seen that Van Dijk is 5/6 on to win PFA Player of the year

Bernardo - potentially the best player for the team deadlocked with Liverpool at the top - is 100/1.

It is just a travesty the media circus around certain clubs and players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.