Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah mate that was ages ago. He's looking at getting some new taps now.

Aye well you don't exactly get much Taps Aff weather in Manchester. Sensible to get some new ones if he's planning on staying.

It does worry me that some of our best players seem unsettled, is it just because we won the treble, so there isn’t anything else to beat that? Maybe I can understand the over 30s, but we really need Bernado to stay.
There isn’t anything else to beat a treble?

There are three major domestic trophies in English football and add the CL to that and it’s a quadruple.

United brainwashed everyone in 1999 into making everyone think they’d put a full stop on football with their treble. But it’s only a three of the four trophies on offer. A very good achievement, but it is not the ultimate!

A record four league titles in a row is arguably a better achievement than a treble (high level consistency over four years in the best league in the world, over a good run of form from February to June). Back-to-back Champions Leagues is also arguably a better achievement than a treble (showing high level performances in the top competition two seasons running showing that the win last season wasn’t just a one-off, over a good run of form from February to June).

Nobody has ever won four league titles in a row in English football history.
No English club has won back-to-back CLs in the modern era.
No club in Europe has won a league and CL double after winning a treble since Ajax in 1973.

Even trophies like the UEFA Super Cup and the FIFA World Club Cup are trophies this club and all of our players have never won before.

If our players aren’t motivated to reach these standards this season and are relaxed and letting their standards drop because they think there is nothing that can beat last season, they’re at the wrong club.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’d be amazed if he signs a new deal after the past few windows of wanting out. He’s always said (/leaked) that it’s lifestyle and not sporting project making him want to go. What’s changed?

I hope he has changed his mind but I just can’t see it.

Unless the deal has a minimal release clause.

I’d be amazed if he signs a new deal after the past few windows of wanting out. He’s always said (/leaked) that it’s lifestyle and not sporting project making him want to go. What’s changed?

maybe the fact is that he hasnt particularly agitated to be out and alot of it is press generated , particularly by the barcelona press and hes finally copped onto the fact that barcelona just talk alot in the press

I think he's accepted that he's going to be here for a few more years, so why not accept a significant payrise in the meantime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.