Best atmospheres at City home games

Hamburg in the quarter-final has been the best at the Etihad, it was just 90 minutes of noise all around the stadium, what i'd do for every game to be like that. The United game in 11/12 wasn't far behind, didn't seem to be nerves amongst the fans that day, I think everyone thought we were going to do it and them not having a shot all game helped.

The one I remember at Maine Road, albeit I was young, was the Everton game around Christmas, was it 2000? We beat them 5-0, I had fractured my foot and had to watch from the wheelchair section at the bottom of the Kippax, don't think it was as good as Hamburg but I remember it being a good laugh winding up the scousers for 90 minutes

Haven't seen the league cup semi derby game mentioned yet.

The game where Tevez bagged the pen and cupped his ears at Taggart as we sang the 'sign him up' tune, and he gave it to the rat faced chuckle brother on the touchline.

Liverpool in the FA Cup in 1973 at Maine Road always springs to mind.

Liverpool were in their pomp and it got to them that night, we were so loud and beat them 2-0.

Maybe for the wrong reasons, but I also remember playing Arsenal at Maine Road a year or two before we left the ground. We were losing 0-4 after about 20 minutes, we knew we were shit, but in the second half we just gave it all we had. It was echoing all around the stadium for the whole half. We couldn't get close to them. It was a masterclass from Arsenal, probably the best team performance I have seen in my life, but we let the boys know we were behind them.

Even Arsene Wenger commented on it after the game.

At the Etihad, the game against Hamburg is the best atmosphere I can recall.

Everton home FA cup quarter 1981. The atmosphere was incredible and on the Kippax when the first two went in it was mayhem in the nicest possible way

Don't know about best atmosphere, but most chilled out was the 4-1 v the scum. Never seen a derby second half like it, place erupted with laughter when rug head got their one.

One not mentioned at Maine Rd was the bro cup semi.

At our new pad 2 that stand out are the Gio and Kompany wins v the rags.

Everton home FA cup quarter 1981. The atmosphere was incredible and on the Kippax when the first two went in it was mayhem in the nicest possible way
Deffo the best at Maine Road for me..... just beats the 5-1 1989 win.

Also a big shout for the 1986 FA Youth Cup win v the rags.

At Eastlands again Hamburg for me (though I emigrated two days after the Napoli game in 2011 so missed a few a fair few big games since ha ha

For me the Kings comeback against Newcastle. Pretty average first half and nil all at half time, then the King emerged for the second half and Maine Rd erupted.
Very emotional, bit sad too as he was running with a pronounced limp. My memory is shit but I will never forget that day, the return of my one and only hero.

For me the Kings comeback against Newcastle. Pretty average first half and nil all at half time, then the King emerged for the second half and Maine Rd erupted.
Very emotional, bit sad too as he was running with a pronounced limp. My memory is shit but I will never forget that day, the return of my one and only hero.
Never seen love and emotion shown like that day stood on the right side of the Kippax with tears in my eyes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.