Best butty

Just made and enjoying a corned beef butty with thick slices of fresh onion. Nearly went extra mature cheddar with onion but am also a fan of a crisp butty. Any of them on 2 slices of white Warbies toaster.

Anybody else have a different best butty?
Is this proper corned beef or that carcinogenic who knows what's in it shite out of a can ?

I'll never forget going to California in 1980 to live. I was used to a cheese butty being white bread with err cheese on it.

I arrived over there, went in a coffee shop and ordered a sandwich, when it came I was gobsmacked, it had cheese tomato, ham, pickle, mayo, bacon, lettuce, spinach ..it was about 3" thick, with crisps and half an egg on the plate....and I could've made a meal out of the condiment tray :)
That was the best I've had, I was so happy with it.

Last edited:
I'll never forget going to California in 1980 to live. I was used to a cheese butty being white bread with err cheese on it.

I arrived over there, went in a coffee shop and ordered a sandwich, when it came I was gobsmacked, it had cheese tomato, ham, pickle, mayo, bacon, lettuce, spinach ..it was about 3" thick, with crisps and half an egg on the plate....and I could've made a meal out of the condiment tray :)
That was the best I've had, I was so happy with it.
Good job you didn’t do the California Chicken Club! Throw a grilled chicken breast and avocado slices/spread on that BLT and it’s nirvana!

Just made and enjoying a corned beef butty with thick slices of fresh onion. Nearly went extra mature cheddar with onion but am also a fan of a crisp butty. Any of them on 2 slices of white Warbies toaster.

Anybody else have a different best butty?

Seeing as you are a corned beef fan try

Corned Beef and Mango Chutney!!

Absolute game changer. I strangely came across it in an English run bar in Nerja.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.