Bickershaw Festival, May 7, 1972

You mean Bickershaw just outside of leigh? About 6 miles from pie land

No idea mate. All I know is it is in Wigan. Festival only occurred once as far as I can tell, but The Grateful Dead played a pretty epic couple of sets ... just curious if anyone saw it considering how close it is to you guys.

No idea mate. All I know is it is in Wigan. Festival only occurred once as far as I can tell, but The Grateful Dead played a pretty epic couple of sets ... just curious if anyone saw it considering how close it is to you guys.
It was at Bickershaw Colliery near Leigh. I had a ticket but the weather was absolutely shit and I bottled it. The Dead were amazing apparently, one of their best sets. Incidentally, the festival promoter was one Jeremy Beadle.

It was at Bickershaw Colliery near Leigh. I had a ticket but the weather was absolutely shit and I bottled it. The Dead were amazing apparently, one of their best sets. Incidentally, the festival promoter was one Jeremy Beadle.

NOOOO!! You had the chance to see them on the Europe 72 tour and missed it? That is so depressing :)

Yeah, they were on that day...Listening to it right now and it is pretty damn good, but every show on that tour was.

Did you ever end up seeing them live? You a fan?

NOOOO!! You had the chance to see them on the Europe 72 tour and missed it? That is so depressing :)

Yeah, they were on that day...Listening to it right now and it is pretty damn good, but every show on that tour was.

Did you ever end up seeing them live? You a fan?
I could kick myself now for missing that as never saw them live unfortunately. Old Grey Whistle Test showed them doing 'Bertha' on that tour and I was a fan from then but I only really got into them seriously about ten years ago when I bought Workingman's Dead. Then when things like Spotify came along I started listening to loads of their stuff, particularly the Dick's Picks series.

Didn't attend (was only about 8 at the time) but could definitely hear it from the house we'd recently moved in to in Leigh!!!

I did however attend the last day of the Leigh Rock Festival down Plank Lane in 1979 to see Joy Division, Teardrop Explodes, Echo & The Bunnymen, and the band I really wanted to see, OMD!!

Didn't Jeremy 'Game For A Laugh' Beadle organise the Bickershaw one??

Last edited:
I could kick myself now for missing that as never saw them live unfortunately. Old Grey Whistle Test showed them doing 'Bertha' on that tour and I was a fan from then but I only really got into them seriously about ten years ago when I bought Workingman's Dead. Then when things like Spotify came along I started listening to loads of their stuff, particularly the Dick's Picks series.

I unfortunately was too young to see them during the Golden Era. I went to shows between 86-95...the music was pretty shit by then to be fair.

Didn't attend (was only about 8 at the time) but could definitely hear it from the house we'd recently moved in to in Leigh!!!

I did however attend the last day of the Leigh Rock Festival down Plank Lane in 1979 to see Joy Division, Teardrop Explodes, Echo & The Bunnymen, and the band I really wanted to see, OMD!!

Didn't Jeremy 'Game For A Laugh' Beadle organise the Bickershaw one??

Love it!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.