Big Phil.........The new Heskey (without the commitment)

Samaras showed a bit of magic every so often, and still looked like he might get a goal.
Big Phil just got me more and more frustrated as the night went on.

Was no worse than anyone else on the night. Not ready for first team just yet (and may never be) but too early to write him off IMO.

Elano played a superb ball through to him last night and the lard arsed bastard got no where near. Not good enough.

BIG PHIL NEEDS A GOAL!

He's a kid, in a new country, playing at a much higher standard, with much greater expectations. It isn't his fault that Sven paid £5million on him. Let's not destroy him before he's even started. He may not go on to be a world beater, but at the moment he is being inhibited by his lack of confidence and snatching at chances etc. I'm not kidding myself that he is an 'unpolished diamond etc...', but I am prepared to give him a bit more time. I'm sure when everyone's fit he'll be used sparingly, which will be better for him, anyway.

BLOOMUEN said:
BIG PHIL NEEDS A GOAL!

He's a kid, in a new country, playing at a much higher standard, with much greater expectations. It isn't his fault that Sven paid £5million on him. Let's not destroy him before he's even started. He may not go on to be a world beater, but at the moment he is being inhibited by his lack of confidence and snatching at chances etc. I'm not kidding myself that he is an 'unpolished diamond etc...', but I am prepared to give him a bit more time. I'm sure when everyone's fit he'll be used sparingly, which will be better for him, anyway.

No he doesn't - he needs a change of career.
Can we please dispense with this "give him a little more time" nonsense.
With this clown it is not a matter of confidence/new country/different food/global warming or ethnic cleansing.
He simply IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH,and never will be.
How long do you propose to give him - long enough to see us into another relegation dogfight?
Just leave out the dewey-eyed sentiment,get rid and replace him with someone with proven ability or potential.
This man has neither.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
How long do you propose to give him - long enough to see us into another relegation dogfight?

You seriously saying Hughes will be kicking off the campaign with Big Phil as our main man? If he is as rubbish as you all think he is (and I say this given that most on here seemed to think Ben Haim would make a good LB*) then Hughes is unlikely to pick him above the other strikers on the books and will at best feature in the early rounds of the CC.

In fact quite why we have to have endless discussions bordering on the obsessive about a 19yo fringe player who if he is cack will be shunted out by Hughes anyway is beyond me.

* More worrying was that Hughes seemed to think he would make a good LB as well :)

BLOOMUEN said:
BIG PHIL NEEDS A GOAL!

No he doesn't - he needs a change of career.
Can we please dispense with this "give him a little more time" nonsense.
With this clown it is not a matter of confidence/new country/different food/global warming or ethnic cleansing.
He simply IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH,and never will be.
Just leave out the dewey-eyed sentiment,get rid and replace him with someone with proven ability or potential.
This man has neither.

thats where i'm coming from, he 7th choice at best

BobKowalski said:

You seriously saying Hughes will be kicking off the campaign with Big Phil as our main man? If he is as rubbish as you all think he is (and I say this given that most on here seemed to think Ben Haim would make a good LB*) then Hughes is unlikely to pick him above the other strikers on the books and will at best feature in the early rounds of the CC.

In fact quite why we have to have endless discussions bordering on the obsessive about a 19yo fringe player who if he is cack will be shunted out by Hughes anyway is beyond me.

* More worrying was that Hughes seemed to think he would make a good LB as well :)

No,of course I don't think he's Leslie's first,(or even second or third),choice,but if we are unable to sign RSC or whoever and pick up a few injuries over the season,then we may have to rely on his dubious abilities.
Why have a player on the books and earning top dollar who isn't even good enough as a "fringe" player to realistically warrant consideration?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.