birds

• Thread starter Deleted member 13905
  • Start date
Sitting in my parents garden watching a family of 2 adult and 3 young blue tits feed. And hopefully being a deterrent to the cat/s that are attacking the wee birds, saved a wee crow last week from the jaws of a cat. Feline bastards

It’s either a huge tree and I mean EFFING HUGE or that’s never a Golden Eagle

I read above about the rise in buzzards. That’s very much down to the high rise in road kill and buzzards moving in where Kestrels hunted

I was at Loch of Lowes last weekend watching the Osprey. Even those not interested in Birds can’t help but be amazed by these magnificent birds.
It looks like an immature Bald Eagle to me

It’s either a huge tree and I mean EFFING HUGE or that’s never a Golden Eagle

I read above about the rise in buzzards. That’s very much down to the high rise in road kill and buzzards moving in where Kestrels hunted

I was at Loch of Lowes last weekend watching the Osprey. Even those not interested in Birds can’t help but be amazed by these magnificent birds.
The Sea Hawk

Sitting in my parents garden watching a family of 2 adult and 3 young blue tits feed. And hopefully being a deterrent to the cat/s that are attacking the wee birds, saved a wee crow last week from the jaws of a cat. Feline bastards
It's all about Survival.
Bin watching a mother Malard duck near me on a river
11 ducklings ,I've counted...down to 10 ...that 10 has managed to survive for 2 weeks now,....that Mother Mallard is doing an incredible job looking after her offspring.

We've got various bird feeder around the garden and watching them makes me wonder how thick and stupid the average sparrow is. One in question has 2 chicks both fledged and capable of flying and they are perched about 6 inches away from the bird feeder, mum goes to feeder, picks up seed, hops to chick, feeds said chick and starts all over again....talk about youngsters taking the piss.
I know this is a footy website, and I understand this is 'off topic
But I have to say.i find your comments..as a bird lover..offensive.
That mother bird House Sparrow is acting in that way .for a reason
Maybe not a reason that can be understood by oh so clever Man...
And I'll just say this for starters..The sparrow was on this earth,many many many years before man.It is not..addicted to sugar nor does it pay tax to some over riding goverment,and didn't need a mobile phone to communicate with others.... not sure how thick and stupid this bird really is....

Years,in fact decades ago,...I observed a group of 3 House Sparrows,in Radford Nottingham, on a side street, enjoying the delights of a discarded fish and chip supper.... the left behind waste..was situated on a side street, close to a kerb....2 sparrows fed busily from the chip wrapper in the street..whilst a 3rd Sparrow,took position on the road kerb,directly above...,on Look out..

( you probably don't know that when birds feed ,they are generally at their most vulnerable to predators...link that back to your 'stupid' bird theory..and the birdfeeder scenario)

The lookout Sparrow,every 30 seconds or so,let out a telling chirp ,on which immediately ,one of the feeding Sparrows,stopped feeding ,and jumped up to the kerb,at the same time,the lookout bird descended onto the road to gorge at the discarded supper...

This scenario was repeated ,over and over again....thereby ensuring that those that were feeding had an alarm call,should a cat sparrowhwk or other danger appear.

I find it incredulous when wasteful ,controlled,humans look down on our feathered friends..
Born free,untaxed,and no 15 minutes cities to worry about,

Stupid ? I don't think so pal..

Blue tits on a good year can lay 12 maybe more eggs
The 3 you young Bats you saw have prob been lucky...and have plenty of life experience to pass on to their own young.

It's all about Survival.
Bin watching a mother Malard duck near me on a river
11 ducklings ,I've counted...down to 10 ...that 10 has managed to survive for 2 weeks now,....that Mother Mallard is doing an incredible job looking after her offspring.
Last year I saw a mother with 11 wee ducks, after a few days it was down to 8, 2 weeks down to 5, in the end I think 3 made it. A few year’s previously I saw 8 wee ones swimming along but no sign of an adult. Next morning I went length of canal to see if they were ok, no sign of any of them.

Last year I saw a mother with 11 wee ducks, after a few days it was down to 8, 2 weeks down to 5, in the end I think 3 made it. A few year’s previously I saw 8 wee ones swimming along but no sign of an adult. Next morning I went length of canal to see if they were ok, no sign of any of them.
I had a Robin's nest in it's usual spot this year, chicks almost made it but the damn magpies ate them all.
A few years back floating down the river I saw this Bald eagle about to attack some ducks, just as it was getting ready to dive in some old ladies came round the bend in kayaks and scared the Eagle off. I told them that the Eagle had to eat too, blah blah. After they'd passed us, the Eagle came back and nailed one of the ducklings right in front of us, it was great

We had a very good view of an Osprey fishing at Lake of Menteith last weekend. It hit the water maybe 30 yards from us, sat there for a couple of seconds then took off with a fine Rainbow in its talons. Could of given us a few lessons for sure :-(

We had a very good view of an Osprey fishing at Lake of Menteith last weekend. It hit the water maybe 30 yards from us, sat there for a couple of seconds then took off with a fine Rainbow in its talons. Could of given us a few lessons for sure :-(
It's funny with Ospreys, they're such a beautiful bird yet their nests are always ghetto'd out,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.