Blackburn Away Pubs

Heading for the Golden Cup for 10 to 10.30ish
Hopefully it is open ,
Even wife is dropping us all off and then picking up later.
Must have liked her xmas pressie.

Sergio<3 said:
fernhurst is now called Hungry Horse, it's a sort of Brewsters/Weatherspoons type place. Don't think it allows football fans in there now

It is (and has been for many years) a Hungry Horse restaurant/pub. But still very much called The Fernhurst.

It's one of my wife's pubs as an area manager for Greene King, and both she ( a Blue) and the manager want very much for City supporters to go in. But.... it is the police insisting they close til 12:30....

Tellison87MCFC said:
SPIDERBOY said:
Get off the train at dawen,walk down to the ground......plenty boozers on the way.

Is Darwen station closer to the ground than Blackburn station? I've always drove on previous trips but hitting the train for this one.

I've never used Blackburn station,only darwen,so I couldn't tell you....it's a good 1/2 hour walk,but quite a few pubs on the way.....gold cup is one of them(as mentioned).

SPIDERBOY said:
Tellison87MCFC said:
SPIDERBOY said:
Get off the train at dawen,walk down to the ground......plenty boozers on the way.

Is Darwen station closer to the ground than Blackburn station? I've always drove on previous trips but hitting the train for this one.

I've never used Blackburn station,only darwen,so I couldn't tell you....it's a good 1/2 hour walk,but quite a few pubs on the way.....gold cup is one of them(as mentioned).

Darwen station is further from Ewood Park than Blackburn station. For years though, we always got off in Darwen and went on the piss there as there's loads of pubs en route. However, we changed tactics when we beat them 4-0 last time out and went on the beer in Blackburn instead which is what we'll be doing tomorrow. The trouble with this game though is that there are so few pubs open early doors in Blackburn or Darwen so it looks like cans on the train and when we get to Blackburn in advance of the Wetherspoons serving at 10am.

Fenhurst was always the pub of choice. Shame they had to change it. Must have made a killing every weekend from away fans.

davymcfc said:
Fernhurst was always the pub of choice. Shame they had to change it. Must have made a killing every weekend from away fans.

It hasn't changed at all.....the Police have stopped it from opening before our game.

And not for all games, just 'high risk' ones. In a way, it's City fans own fault, they kicked off in there last time we played Blackburn....so plod says No.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.