Blue Moon Rising TV

i really really miss the channel and have been already liking it since it's slow death started a few weeks ago. twosips has anyone from bmrtv approached the club about funding? I mean YT presence is a must for a club our size and I think they have a bit of money spare, surely they would sponsor you guys in some way?

Reasons why this isn't a good idea

1) The club already has a youtube channel
2) Would severely undermine the independence of the channel if the Club did sponsor it

Last edited:
i really really miss the channel and have been already liking it since it's slow death started a few weeks ago. twosips has anyone from bmrtv approached the club about funding? I mean YT presence is a must for a club our size and I think they have a bit of money spare, surely they would sponsor you guys in some way?

Problem with that is a fan channel is supposed to be by the fans for the fans, being owned by a professional production company is one thing, but being sponsored by the club itself is quite another.

City want to control the message themselves. If memory serves they even told BMRTV not to show Pellegrini's press conferences (which nevertheless were copied by others and shown all over YouTube without permission). Yet other fan channels show their press conferences and even have former players and managers introducing their videos (see Redmen TV).

Other fan channels operate just outside their stadiums, but still within the club grounds, Arsenal Fan TV even do some interviews in the stairwell at the Emirates, BMRTV have to do their thing in the street outside the perimeter fence.

Perhaps most significantly City likes to think of itself as cutting edge in digital output (though the official website is a nightmare) and they pride themselves on their innovative pre-match entertainment, the "Match Day Experience" with all the hype at the stadium before the game with Danny and Natalie and the post match chat on the stage afterwards, all carefully crafted of course (if sometimes a bit OTT for my tastes) and all controlled and always on message. A fan channel is not controlled and even though BMRTV is probably the most positive and upbeat of all the fan channels, fans are not on message, they'll say stuff that the club does not want to be associated with, criticism of tactics, manager, players, City will not be aligned with any of that.

Chappy did a vlog from the Crystal Palace match which I posted previously and now Natalie has done one from the Huddersfield game...

They are doing this because the club knows there is a hole normally occupied by a fan channel and that our fan channel isn't filling it, so they are filling it themselves. It's all very fluff and nonsense, all very slick, enjoyable, but no criticism of the club, players or manager will ever be allowed, it's just one positive message followed by another, that's how corporate media works.

But corporate media always fails in one important aspect, authenticity. Perhaps the most telling example of this is when we lose and an upbeat message cannot be sold, then they don't even try. So after a defeat there's no Natalie, no Danny, no one takes the stage for post match analysis, just a bland "Thank You" on the big screen. We accept this because we all know City corporate media is just one upbeat message after another and when upbeat is in short supply they have nothing to flog, because that is all they sell.

The one thing City corporate media fails to understand is that regardless of their output, it is telling that City, a nailed on top four team, competing in the Champions League, an exciting and vibrant club cannot sustain a fan channel! When the likes of West Ham can and Utd have more than one! That is dreadful! It says a lot about us as a club and a fan base. And Danny can scream and whoop all he likes and Moonbeam and Moonchester can keep the kids smiling by doing silly dances, but all the while Alex is freezing his bollocks off outside the gates trying to keep BMRTV going on a wing and a prayer and no amount of corporate razzmatazz can hide the fact...This is how it feels to be small.

Last edited:
Watch the videos, they're well worth it, subscribe and click the like button, the more people who do it the better...

Last edited:
Problem with that is a fan channel is supposed to be by the fans for the fans, being owned by a professional production company is one thing, but being sponsored by the club itself is quite another.

City want to control the message themselves. If memory serves they even told BMRTV not to show Pellegrini's press conferences (which nevertheless were copied by others and shown all over YouTube without permission). Yet other fan channels show their press conferences and even have former players and managers introducing their videos (see Redmen TV).

Other fan channels operate just outside their stadiums, but still within the club grounds, Arsenal Fan TV even do some interviews in the stairwell at the Emirates, BMRTV have to do their thing in the street outside the perimeter fence.

Perhaps most significantly City likes to think of itself as cutting edge in digital output (though the official website is a nightmare) and they pride themselves on their innovative pre-match entertainment, the "Match Day Experience" with all the hype at the stadium before the game with Danny and Natalie and the post match chat on the stage afterwards, all carefully crafted of course (if sometimes a bit OTT for my tastes) and all controlled and always on message. A fan channel is not controlled and even though BMRTV is probably the most positive and upbeat of all the fan channels, fans are not on message, they'll say stuff that the club does not want to be associated with, criticism of tactics, manager, players, City will not be aligned with any of that.

Chappy did a vlog from the Crystal Palace match which I posted previously and now Natalie has done one from the Huddersfield game...

They are doing this because the club knows there is a hole normally occupied by a fan channel and that our fan channel isn't filling it, so they are filling it themselves. It's all very fluff and nonsense, all very slick, enjoyable, but no criticism of the club, players or manager will ever be allowed, it's just one positive message followed by another, that's how corporate media works.

But corporate media always fails in one important aspect, authenticity. Perhaps the most telling example of this is when we lose and an upbeat message cannot be sold, then they don't even try. So after a defeat there's no Natalie, no Danny, no one takes the stage for post match analysis, just a bland "Thank You" on the big screen. We accept this because we all know City corporate media is just one upbeat message after another and when upbeat is in short supply they have nothing to flog, because that is all they sell.

The one thing City corporate media fails to understand is that regardless of their output, it is telling that City, a nailed on top four team, competing in the Champions League, an exciting and vibrant club cannot sustain a fan channel! When the likes of West Ham can and Utd have more than one! That is dreadful! It says a lot about us as a club and a fan base. And Danny can scream and whoop all he likes and Moonbeam and Moonchester can keep the kids smiling by doing silly dances, but all the while Alex is freezing his bollocks off outside the gates trying to keep BMRTV going on a wing and a prayer and no amount of corporate razzmatazz can hide the fact...This is how it feels to be small.

Ok, nice reply, explains it for me. I should have realised it needs to be independent of the club.

Anything the club do, the city square stuff, yt channel, even the programs, I hate them, cant stand that bullshit corporate speak, I get enough of that positive positive positive propaganda shit at work.

Ok, nice reply, explains it for me. I should have realised it needs to be independent of the club.

Anything the club do, the city square stuff, yt channel, even the programs, I hate them, cant stand that bullshit corporate speak, I get enough of that positive positive positive propaganda shit at work.

edit.... Maybe crowdfunding would do it. I would pay

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.