Bluemoon Angling Thread

Had a fairly long session on The Ribble on Friday afternoon/evening. Conditions were pretty good because it was overcast and rainy. I moved three times and couldn’t find the barbel. Had one chub but to be honest it was a bit of a crap session and I never felt like I was on fish.

Afternoon trip north to The River Nidd last night. Perfect conditions - overcast with showers. I got lazy to be honest, not wanting to hawk my big wet brolly around, and stayed in one swim which probably cost me. One rod, boilie/pellet, close in.

Had a chub and a barbel. Made friends with a wood mouse and a toad. Nice evening to be out.

Just as an aside for any of us interested in the birdlife, a mate put me onto an app for identifying bird calls. I've tried a few but rhey've always been crap. Anyway, this one is brilliant it's called, Merlin, and you can download it from playstore by searching "Merlin bird".

I've been utterly amazed what's out there. I tested it on a lark/meadow-pippit reserve near me and it was spot on. Over the last two days I've heard sedge warbler, marsh tit, linnet, yellowhammer and all the usual stuff. Remarkable app and free.

What does everyone think of Commercial fisheries ?
Went to Hampton springs on Sunday for a change of scenery. Great days fishing with loads of F1s, carp ,roach, rudd and bream. I have to admit by the end of the day I was a little sick of catching fish. It really is like shooting them in a barrel. I will probably go again, but not sure how people fish them week in week out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.