Bock Bierhouse & BlackJack Top House ... anyone been ?

The Angel is alright to stop in for a pint, got a 7% stout in there for under £3. I really like the Marble Arch further up though, could sit in there all day working my way through the bar food menu

Not changed much inside at all since it became The Angel... Owners have barely spent a penny on any form of renovation. And given it was a Biker's pub for it's last years as the Beer House, it certainly could have done with some ...

Gents toilets packed in a year or two ago, and they have closed them and stuck a festival type portakabin
in the back yard, which to access you have to go outside, through the Cancer Verandah smoking area, and get wet if it's raining.

Plus side is some good well kept beers .... and it is said to have great food .... all homemade, and in fact, looking at the damp coming through in many places in the bar area, maybe the mushrooms are grown there too? .... But going off what the public areas look like cleanliness wise, I'll not chance eating there anytime soon, lol.
Yes I used those "facilities" the last time I was there.It wasn`t the best kept pub from years gone by,but fuck you couldn`t complain about the quality of the beers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.