Bought A Bicycle - Tips And Advice, Please...

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Gone for a Quella Stealth white.

I have no idea about bikes so don’t know if it’s good or not, went for the best looks for £500 more than anything.
It looks like it's a fixie bike, so no gears or deraileur to worry about. You'll be peddaling all the time, but at least yours has some brakes. Other fixie's don't.

It says this in the description; “The flip-flop hub makes changing between fixed-gear and single-speed effortless whilst our 44/16 gear ratio provides balance between acceleration off the lights and rapid cruising.”

Well fixed gear is what I ride on the velodrome and if you stop peddling you are hitting the deck so make you flip it to single speed mate.

Well fixed gear is what I ride on the velodrome and if you stop peddling you are hitting the deck so make you flip it to single speed mate.
Cheers, will do!

I should be used to peddling all the time from the spin bike I used to teach on so hopefully won’t be too much of a shock

Glad to hear you don't want a nobel prize, it works both ways, every day now the weather is decent, at least two cyclists tow-path hog me, well maybe not tomorrow, it's raining.
What's wrong with what I've said? Do you think I'd allow myself to cycle into them, while they're too busy not watching where they're going because they have their phones against their ear? Surely it's better me warning them than ride into them.

It looks like it's a fixie bike, so no gears or deraileur to worry about. You'll be peddaling all the time, but at least yours has some brakes. Other fixie's don't.
I went for it with the thought of not having something I didn’t know much about (gears/Derailleur) going wrong and needing fixing roadside

Single speed? Blimey now that is a brave choice for coming back to cycling! Cracking looking bike btw
I had a fixie before moving to a geared bike.. loved it.. I only had lunch time for a daily ride as I wanted to get fit but also break up my day as I work at home.

The logic was that I couldn’t stop pedalling on my 8 mile circular route unless I stopped.. It took a little while to get used to the fixed hub (it was flip-flop so I could have had freewheel) but I soon learned to love it.. I was offered a good geared winter bike and bought it thinking it would be easier on hills but the difference was marginal.

They are great for winter with no gears to get dirty therefore much less to go wrong

I’d recommend going for decent pedals and shoes too. I bought Mavic pedals and matching shoe cleats but if I was buying again I’d go SPD

Last edited:
Is Castelli Gear worth it?

I’m thinking of the Perfetto Jacket + Gloves -which every review I’ve seen recommend completely as peerless

I’m thinking of the Perfetto Jacket + Gloves -which every review I’ve seen recommend completely as peerless
I have a couple, nice jackets. Good for around about 5-10°c without a base layer and waterproof.
Nice fit but size up, unless you are one of them skinny Italians.
Never paid full price for Castelli as there always seems to be discounts around.
Assos (Swiss brand) are top quality but more expensive

Mountain warehouse jackets are high visibility and waterproof. Proviz gloves, or seal skins... and add Craghoppers waterproof trousers or Muddy Fox shorts.

Winter sorted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.