Bournemouth (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

I’ll take the 1-0 over the 3-3, 4-4 stuff we were seeing earlier in the season. I’m hoping as usual it’ll click into gear for the run in and we’ll find that perfect medium.

Second half uncomfortable viewing and for once it looked like us that had fewer players on the pitch and we couldn't string passes together/keep possession. Fair play to Bournemouth, they worked their fucking arses off really and I couldn't have complained if they ended up with a point. They didn't, so onwards and upwards.

I'm mates with his son and he told me 2 weeks ago his legs had gone(which is very late stages) and he didn't have long left. Just didn't realise it'd be so soon. I'm just glad he's rid ot that shit house disease now. Terrible X
That is sad. I’m hazarding a guess he had prostate cancer?

The stats tell how we deserved to win the game. We had more passes, more possession, more shots, more xG, and ran more distance. Basically we won out in every positive stat.

But we made bloody hard work of it.

What the hell has happened to our midfield? Sluggish and very slow in transitions, 2nd half especially. City should have lost that game and I wouldn't have begrudged it. We spawned a win and somehow got a clean sheet with it. My glass is half empty tonight and I'm already looking forward to the derby. But not with Akanji in midfield, jesus wept.

Absolutely fantastic first half. Played some very clever unpredictable passes and looked like a well oiled machine. Nervy 2nd half but credit to Bournemouth who battled brilliantly, they’re certainly no mugs. Right, come on Newcastle!

Very challenging match in that second half, fair play to Bournemouth - they put a lot of ‘bigger’ teams to shame with that open style of play.

Ballsy champions-type performance though, getting back into the habit of clean sheets is no bad thing.

Stones fantastic, key that he stays fit for the run-in.

We are clearly not in our best form but, just as a reminder we have won 15 and drawn 2 of our last 17 games.

One game at a time blue boys.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.