Bournemouth (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Totally agree. Some blue moaners forget that we've travelled around the world for extra games this season and picked up TWO TROPHIES in games that were a proper grind - one on a terrible pitch against a Fluminense side playing in a league that isn't so fussy about lunges. Despite what the drunk on Sky says, we have a small squad (by choice) and Pep uses it as best he can.
Agreed.

We had really difficult games against Sevilla in the Super Cup and then Fluminese who kicked fuck out of us in December in ridiculous heat conditions.

It's quite remarkable what we are achieving, It's crazy.

For us to be one point off the top, Still in the FA Cup and one foot in the Champions League QF is some going! The players are running on fumes by the looks of things.

If we fall short in one or even all competitions this season then so be it, We certainly can't say this manager and group of players haven't tried as it's far from it. We should all be grateful and enjoy these incredible times we are having as they don't last forever.

Sit back, Relax and enjoy the next 3 months!

I'm not sure that City have been at their best all season but it has been a very difficult season. KdB was out until mid January, Stones has missed a fair bit of the season, Erling too and we really missed Rodri when he was suspended. I would also add that Kovacic and Nunes don't look entirely comfortable in the team as yet and Doku, who has looked really explosive and thrilling has begun to look a little predictable and is having less influence on games. Neither KdB nor Erling look fully match fit yet and Dias seems to be struggling a bit. We have depended greatly on Phil, who is superb and Johnni Stones, who is unique. So last night, City exerted more and more control as the first half wore on but Bournmouth came out raring to go in the second half. I was biting my nails and living on my nerves in the second half. City certainly were not the smooth, well oiled joy to watch of sometimes past but they showed another side to Pep's teams - they dug deep, battled and won a hard fought victory.
Arsenal and Liverpool have been absolutely flying this season - fewer fixtures than us as well - while they had their feet up we were travelling around the world picking up trophies in unfamiliar conditions, heat and crap pitches against one very physical side in particular. We have only been close to our best in a handful of games in the Prem. But look where we are - above Arsenal and Liverpool within touching distance. Yes, we're having to conserve energy, but the lads are giving everything and delivering trophies. If we had lost some of these grinding games, the blue moaners would be saying 'One trick ponies - we can't grind these games out'. So we grind out a few games and they still moan.

Agreed.

We had really difficult games against Sevilla in the Super Cup and then Fluminese who kicked fuck out of us in December in ridiculous heat conditions.

For us to be one point off the top, Still in the FA Cup and one foot in the Champions League QF is some going! The players are running on fumes by the looks of things.

If we fall short in one or even all competitions this season then so be it, We certainly can't say this manager and group of players haven't tried as it's far from it. We should all be grateful and enjoy these incredible times we are having as they don't last forever.

100 per cent correct - every word.

Big 3 points, much better performance, another clean sheet!

The win is all that matters for now.

Fair play to Bournemouth, decent footballing side.
Fair play you must be kidding. All I could see was Bournemouth players pulling ,pushing, holding and kicking City.
Referee allowed them all these advantages throughout the game.
The early tackle on Nunes could have been a red.

Can only admire City players for not retaliating, as this treatment is weekly.

Agreed.

Spot on.

My only worry is whether we'll have enough in the tank. The new players will have to step up.

We looked tired in the 2nd half yesterday and a bit flat in periods vs Everton and Brentford.

That said, I think our players have been prepared to peak in the final months. Might be wrong, but I think both Arsenal and Liverpool have been playing to their limits (and beyond, given the wave of injuries now in Liverpool...).

Due to previous injuries and being sidelined for weeks or months, the likes of Stones, Akanji, Gvardiol, Kovacic, Doku, Haaland, KDB...(it's incredible we are so well positioned with injuries to those players and Rodri's suspensions) should be relatively fresh for the run in. Nunes, Lewis and Bobb as well. Rodri and Bernardo should be rested at every opportunity. Scoring more goals in the first 60 minutes or so can help us a lot.

Last edited:
And our awful set pieces where you see the Red Tops utilising and winning games from them. Can we poach our former set piece coach back from Arsenal

18 fucking goals they have from set pieces already Arsenal. Couldnt believe it when I heard the commentator say it last night. Feels like we score about 1 in every 100 corners we get.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.